Sponsored

Patagonia MT 37x12.50x17 on the stock Rubicon wheels with no lift?

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everybody! First message here, so please be patient. I have searched several threads but I haven’t found anything on this specific combination.

2020 JLUR. I’d like to put Patagonia MT 37x12.50x17 on the stock Rubicon wheels. With no lift for now. Will it work on road only?

also, if after a while I add the Mopar 2” lift, am I clear to offroad as well?

thanks in advance for all your help and knowledge!

alex
Sponsored

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Pretty much. You MAY get a bit of rub if turning tightly and there is some compression of the suspension with the 37s. Generally not going to happen on the street, however.

Plenty of folks running a 2" lift and 37's as well.

Don't forget, you will need to have the speedo recalibrated when the new tires are installed. Whether the 37 inch tires YOU have will fit the factory rims...you'll need to do some research: what width does the tire manufacturer recommend, and what is the width your YOUR rims - that'll tell you the answer there.

If you do go with aftermarket wheels, remember that the TPMS sensors need to be factored into the final setup as well. Most aftermarket wheels DO NOT have TPMS sensors installed, so you'll either need to reuse your factory ones (assuming they survived the tire swap) o buy new ones - and some folks have had problems with aftermarket TPMS sensors for their wheels, so you may want to just consider buying the MOPAR ones.

OP
OP
ale70

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your help!!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
37s on stock rims? I would double check that..... stock rims are only 7.5” wide.

OP
OP
ale70

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly the information I needed. Thanks!
Sponsored