Sponsored

Passengers side seat

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
When someone is sitting in the passengers seat each time I make a turn the seat makes a thumb or knocking noise. Took it to dealer, they told me all Jeeps make that noise. I can not find any loos bolts ect.., Kinda a annoying sound. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
When someone is sitting in the passengers seat each time I make a turn the seat makes a thumb or knocking noise. Took it to dealer, they told me all Jeeps make that noise. I can not find any loos bolts ect.., Kinda a annoying sound. Anyone else have this problem?
Probably in the seat track fitment. Many reports of driver seat also having similar problem. Requires new seat or seat frame.

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
Anyone have the seat noise diagnosed and corrected yet? It’s driving me crazy and I don’t want to go to the dealer just for them to say it’s normal or nothing. Thx.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Anyone have the seat noise diagnosed and corrected yet? It’s driving me crazy and I don’t want to go to the dealer just for them to say it’s normal or nothing. Thx.
@walkerkm

Post # 2 in this thread mentions what is undoubtedly the cause.

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
I saw that but it says “probably” just wondered if anyone had the dealer replace the seat or track and it fixed it?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I saw that but it says “probably” just wondered if anyone had the dealer replace the seat or track and it fixed it?
@walkerkm

Yes, at least 3 forum member's over the last say, 11 months had the issue cured with a new seat track.

Dealer tech, has to hear it or you will not fair well.

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok perfect! Thx! Oh I’ll make sure he hears it...lol

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just noticed this today. Same knocking sound in mine when the passenger seat is occupied, and making a turn. I can replicate it by just moving around while sitting in it. Will have it checked out. In the meantime - Alpine.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I've had this problem since day 1. Nothing seems loose but never bothered enough to research further. Till I stumbled across this thread. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Oh... did I say thanks???

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I have a different problem with the front passenger seat - it will not recline. It moves fine back and forth but when I pull the recline lever and try to recline it, it just won't budge. I am taking it in tomorrow, just wondering if any one else had the same problem and if there is a part that I should ask the tech to look at. Thanks!

Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
NO! All Jeeps do not make this noise! The dealer is too lazy and don't care.

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just picked up my wrangler from the dealer for the seat noise...they heard it but could not pin point where it is coming from so they lubed the seat parts up...they said it’s a little better but still there. They acknowledged it, but hands are tied unless Jeep care gives them authority to start changing parts out. I called Jeep care and I now have a case number-my Jeep care cust service rep was awesome, understanding and said they will get it fixed for me. My case manager will be calling by Monday... called the dealership and gave them the case number as well so they are on it too. So far I’m happy with everyone. It’s not a big problem, but it’s definitely and annoying noise when I have a passenger. I still love my Jeep! ❤

giffordt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Same exact issue with my new 18 JLUR. Picked it up on 2/8 and the problem has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of week. Just over 2000 miles on her and its driving me crazy. Watching this thread to see if this gets resolved.

acaruso

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So I just picked up my wrangler from the dealer for the seat noise...they heard it but could not pin point where it is coming from so they lubed the seat parts up...they said it’s a little better but still there. They acknowledged it, but hands are tied unless Jeep care gives them authority to start changing parts out. I called Jeep care and I now have a case number-my Jeep care cust service rep was awesome, understanding and said they will get it fixed for me. My case manager will be calling by Monday... called the dealership and gave them the case number as well so they are on it too. So far I’m happy with everyone. It’s not a big problem, but it’s definitely and annoying noise when I have a passenger. I still love my Jeep! ❤
Thanks for the update! I'm having the same problem and dread going into the dealer to "replicate" it. Any advice on contacting Jeep Cares?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
When a customer goes to a dealer and then is forced to use his/her time to go directly to Jeep to force a dealer to fix something under warranty, that is the definition of poor customer service IMO. Seems to happen a LOT with Jeep/Jeep dealers. am starting to believe that the survey results ranking Jeep dealers tied in last place has a lot of merit to it.
Sponsored