Passenger Taillight Moisture Issue

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
2018 JLU Sahara 28k miles.

The moisture used to come and go but now it seems to stay constant in the light. Temp doesn't matter, its always there now. My questions is, is there a way to fix this, Or, am I better off taking it to my dealer and claiming warranty? Thank you in advance

IMG_4111.jpg
Advertisement

CWRUYOTE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Looks like you have the LED package.

It's time to take it to the dealership, because the tail lamp is one integrated piece, so there's no 'changing the bulb'.

OP
OP
iboostgti335

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Looks like you have the LED package.

It's time to take it to the dealership, because the tail lamp is one integrated piece, so there's no 'changing the bulb'.
Thank you, I will schedule a service appt. 👍

InexplicableBill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
2018 JLU Sahara 28k miles.

The moisture used to come and go but now it seems to stay constant in the light. Temp doesn't matter, its always there now. My questions is, is there a way to fix this, Or, am I better off taking it to my dealer and claiming warranty? Thank you in advance
Same exact problem here with my son's "new to him" '18 Unlimited Rubicon. Same passenger side brake light unit filled with moisture. Anyone know what the cause is and the fix? I'll eventually be taking it apart because I'm that type of guy. This type of quality issue drives me nuts.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Most high quality LED lamp assemblies have vented cases, when moisture builds up inside ( natural to do )and and they come on and heat up the moisture is supposed to be vented out those ports, not sure what moisture rating the JL lights have on them but it’s natural for LED’s to get moisture inside but if your getting a lot then that’s likely a broken seal and there is really no easy way to determine where the seal has been compromised, the one the OP pictured looks excessive to me, not sure if that would be covered under warranty for a 2018 unless it’s an extended warranty.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement