Passenger Side Rear Seat Release Latch 2019 JLs

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Jeep has refused to recall / replace the widely discussed and common problem of the 2018 JLs rear seat - passenger side latch breaking. I was curious if any 2019 JLs have seen this issue?

Also what are my options? Jeep support won't replace it under warranty, and I'm not paying out of pocket. I continue to use a hammer to lower my rear seats, other people think its pretty funny.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Jeep has refused to recall / replace the widely discussed and common problem of the 2018 JLs rear seat - passenger side latch breaking. I was curious if any 2019 JLs have seen this issue?

Also what are my options? Jeep support won't replace it under warranty, and I'm not paying out of pocket. I continue to use a hammer to lower my rear seats, other people think its pretty funny.
I don't recall if this is an issue on JLs and/or JLUs. My '19 JLU is fine, but I've only used it a handful of times so far.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mquinn13

I'm curious who exactly said it would not be covered under warranty.

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Just had both of the releases in the wife's JLU Sport replaced yesterday... now I'm waiting for the bezels that go beneath the latches since the dealer broke them installing the new releases...:cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I don't recall if this is an issue on JLs and/or JLUs. My '19 JLU is fine, but I've only used it a handful of times so far.
I believe its only JLU, but I dont know what the rear seat of a JL looks like if its the same mechanic. good callout!

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
my 2019 has not has any issues with the latches. I have put the seats down a half dozen times so far.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
FCA probably will likely never recall this because it is not a drivability/safety concern. At most, FCA might launch a TSB for this problem. With that being said, I've had my JL for over a year now and haven't had any issue with my latches and use them fairly often. If your dealer is not warrantying them, find another dealer as this should be something they replace under warranty.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
2018 JLUS Jan 18 build broke rear latch at about 3k 3rd time used? Dealer replaced no probs, except bezel mentioned above, hadda wait for that, 2nd trip kind of a pain!

I think they are the same in the 2019, I looked and they seem the same so you could still have the same problem, be gentle??? Unless your dealer is a hard as- they should give you no problem. It's not like they pay for it themselves! It will never be a recall, not a safety thing so... just a pain in the butt thing!

Go Jeep!!!

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I noticed my passenger seat would not move forward as much as the driver side when I used the release latch. Now the passenger release latch broke. My Jeep was built October 25 2019 and I haven’t even had it for two months.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual

yes, mine broke, next week the dealer is fixing it
Sponsored