Passenger Side Lean Metalcloak 3.5

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, 15 Grand Cherokee, 97 Grand Cherokee
I have the same issue with the lean, about 3/4" low on the passengers side. This is with the gas tank empty or full and it did not lean with the stock suspension. I was doing some research to make sure I hadn't missed something about the springs being different, they're not..., when I came across this thread again. I thought this problem had been resolved.
I ordered the spacer kits but now am wondering why there is an additional charge just to level my vehicle? It is very annoying to look at!
JLU Willys 2.0
Sponsored

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have the same issue with the lean, about 3/4" low on the passengers side. This is with the gas tank empty or full and it did not lean with the stock suspension. I was doing some research to make sure I hadn't missed something about the springs being different, they're not..., when I came across this thread again. I thought this problem had been resolved.
I ordered the spacer kits but now am wondering why there is an additional charge just to level my vehicle? It is very annoying to look at!
JLU Willys 2.0
Itā€™s very frustrating and shouldnā€™t be happening given the price of the kit. I already paid enough, now I have to pay for isolators to correct the bowed springs and whatever else to correct the passenger side lean?! Equally as annoying is the guy who installed mine who basically shrugged it off and said ā€œall JKs and JLs lean 1/2ā€ to 3/4ā€ because of the gas tank being on that side.ā€ Ok then why didnā€™t it lean before the lift was installed?! To me it means these kits are not as complete as they claim.

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s very frustrating and shouldnā€™t be happening given the price of the kit. I already paid enough, now I have to pay for isolators to correct the bowed springs and whatever else to correct the passenger side lean?! Equally as annoying is the guy who installed mine who basically shrugged it off and said ā€œall JKs and JLs lean 1/2ā€ to 3/4ā€ because of the gas tank being on that side.ā€ Ok then why didnā€™t it lean before the lift was installed?! To me it means these kits are not as complete as they claim.
With the JK kit it looks like it comes with a thick spacer for the rear pax side spring. The JL kit should come with that as well.

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks you have to go through it. What I donā€™t get is why many of us donā€™t have this problem while others do. Certainly havenā€™t had a lean problem on mine for example.
I agree...I have 2.5 gamechanger and no lean...only an almost 2" rake.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
is that passenger side lean present when you are sitting in the driver seat?

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t know, Iā€™ll check that when I get a chance.
I have my heavy gear, tools and recovery, loaded on the driverā€™s side and it still leans.

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, itā€™s still there with me sitting in the driver seat and with an empty gas tank.

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, itā€™s still there with me sitting in the driver seat and with an empty gas tank.
Thatā€™s what I am guessing too! Did we miss something? Both front springs have the same part number, both rear springs have the same part number so they canā€™t be mixed up. Which is strange because Jeeps fix for this problem is location specific springs!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
JLU Willys 2.0
If it's any consolation, order a spacer kit for rear and split it with a forum member. A kind member here sent me one of his Fishbone spacers for roughly half the cost of the pair.

Or as they said in Contact: "The first rule in government: why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price?"

Sponsored

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Did you guys with the lean contact MC as they asked? Did they not take care of you? What was the outcome of your conversation? Seems adding the spacers on the right rear would resolve the lean issue, no?

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I guess I am lucky. I have almost zero difference between the driver and passenger side. Also front to back less than 1/4 inch. I am extremely pleased with the lift. Went out today at Corral Canyon area on Bronco Peak trail. The jeep crawled over every obstacle with ease. I can't say enough about the lift.

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys with the lean contact MC as they asked? Did they not take care of you? What was the outcome of your conversation? Seems adding the spacers on the right rear would resolve the lean issue, no?
When I contacted MC, they told me, ā€œwe usually donā€™t have that problem with the 2.0ā€ā€¦. I ended up ā€˜purchasingā€™ the front and rear spacer kits for $84!
When I have already spent over $3K on their kit and other parts, I shouldnā€™t have to buy the fix for the lean!

planetech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I contacted MC, they told me, ā€œwe usually donā€™t have that problem with the 2.0ā€ā€¦. I ended up ā€˜purchasingā€™ the front and rear spacer kits for $84!
When I have already spent over $3K on their kit and other parts, I shouldnā€™t have to buy the fix for the lean!
Here is my guess as to the problem. This is only speculationā€¦. MC, like everyone else is having problems sourcing their parts. One of my control arm sets was back ordered due to part availability. This leaning issue has supposedly been corrected already. Iā€™m guessing some the the pre-fix springs have made it back into circulation. Again, only speculation.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my guess as to the problem. This is only speculationā€¦. MC, like everyone else is having problems sourcing their parts. One of my control arm sets was back ordered due to part availability. This leaning issue has supposedly been corrected already. Iā€™m guessing some the the pre-fix springs have made it back into circulation. Again, only speculation.
They manufacture all of their parts in house. Material shortages are what's causing delays. And it's never been a faulty spring issue, just a lack of spring spacers being included in their prior kits. You didn't have lean with the mopar springs, because they are corner specific. A slightly higher spring rate gets used on the passenger front and rear corners, whereas most aftermarket setups use identical springs on both sides that get paired with either spring spacers or taller spring saddles.
Sponsored