Sponsored

Passenger Side Fender Light No Power?

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
I went to go swap out my halogen bulbs to LED bulbs in my fenders today.

It is a 2021 JLU Willy's - my model has an amber bulb for turn signal and a "white" bulb to work with the headlights at night.

Driver side is fine - swapped bulbs no problem.

Weird thing is the passenger side, the light won't turn on - I have tried going back to the halogen but still nothing. I did not check if this side was working, prior to changing the bulb so not sure if this was already an issue.

Any ideas? I have checked the F26 and F29 fuses for exterior lights - they are fine (and the headlights would not work without them anyways).

I checked continuity on the contacts for the bulb socket - they looked ok. But no voltage.

Any ideas?

You can see the marker light works. The turn signal bulb is also ok.

Jeep Wrangler JL Passenger Side Fender Light No Power? EB73329B-9E7E-4B79-A13F-243F3CE02049
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Can you trace the wire up to the connector? I believe it has one at both ends.

OP
OP
mini_cal

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Can you trace the wire up to the connector? I believe it has one at both ends.
haven’t had a chance to go deeper into it.Trying to avoid pulling the fender liner right now since it’s cold and getting dark earlier.

Kind of weird update: I gave up and just drove the Jeep - decided to hop out and check how the light looked at night and saw the passenger side fender light was now on. not sure what is going on but I guess it got power now?
Sponsored

Last edited: