First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
I just noticed the other day that my passenger door pin switch (i'm assuming that's what it is) isn't working. The dome light doesn't turn on when the door is open and I don't get a message on the dash stating that the door is open. I have a 2018 JLU Sport. I pulled off the harness and plugged it back in several times to make sure it was getting a good connection but no luck.
Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? I really don't want to go through the hassle of bringing it into the dealership for warranty if its something I could easily do.
Thanks
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I just noticed the other day that my passenger door pin switch (i'm assuming that's what it is) isn't working. The dome light doesn't turn on when the door is open and I don't get a message on the dash stating that the door is open. I have a 2018 JLU Sport. I pulled off the harness and plugged it back in several times to make sure it was getting a good connection but no luck.
Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? I really don't want to go through the hassle of bringing it into the dealership for warranty if its something I could easily do.
Thanks
Check the electrical pins inside the connector. There have been some reports the pins are bending and not making contact inside the connector.

Do you have a base Sport with manual locks/windows? If yes, then I believe there are only two wires for the door sensor.

OP
OP
JLJeepGuy513

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Check the electrical pins inside the connector. There have been some reports the pins are bending and not making contact inside the connector.

Do you have a base Sport with manual locks/windows? If yes, then I believe there are only two wires for the door sensor.[/QUOTE

Thanks, I'll check it out here in a few

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Could be the door sensor wire is damaged ... It wouldn't show the door is open on the cluster.... But the car thinks the doors are off

OP
OP
JLJeepGuy513

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Do you have a base Sport with manual locks/windows? If yes, then I believe there are only two wires for the door sensor.
You were right! A bent electrical pin is to blame. Thanks for the help
Sponsored