Passenger Door Noise

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this yet but my passenger door makes a noise when it is opened and closed. I have taken off the driver and passenger door before and after reading the one other thread on the forum about door noise I decided to use some white lithium grease on the pins; however, that did not help.

During the process of taking off the door and putting it back on I think I isolated the problem the new door check that stops the door from swinging open. I was wondering if anyone has taken that off or knows how to do that. I know that I can simply take the door off without it fully open and the door check will go inside the door. I still want to use the door check so I'm wondering what other options there are.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@rizej

A forum member a month or so ago made a post where in detail he told how he removed the door checks as he did not like them. Search for that post or perhaps someone can point you to that post... or tell you how to do...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this yet but my passenger door makes a noise when it is opened and closed. I have taken off the driver and passenger door before and after reading the one other thread on the forum about door noise I decided to use some white lithium grease on the pins; however, that did not help.

During the process of taking off the door and putting it back on I think I isolated the problem the new door check that stops the door from swinging open. I was wondering if anyone has taken that off or knows how to do that. I know that I can simply take the door off without it fully open and the door check will go inside the door. I still want to use the door check so I'm wondering what other options there are.
First , if you remove the door check , and a strong wind is behind you , the wind can blow the door out and forward so that it damages your hinges , and you won't be able to close it properly again forever .

Second , Jeep doors are supposed to Slam ! If a slam doesn't bother you , why would a little minor squeak ? The little minor squeak protects your door hinges , after all .

OP
OP
rizej

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
First , if you remove the door check , and a strong wind is behind you , the wind can blow the door out and forward so that it damages your hinges , and you won't be able to close it properly again forever .

Second , Jeep doors are supposed to Slam ! If a slam doesn't bother you , why would a little minor squeak ? The little minor squeak protects your door hinges , after all .
I definitely get there function/purpose but it just seems like it needs some white lithium grease or WD-40 to quiet it down. I was wondering if anyone had taken the door check out since it looks like there are two bolts around the door check (below circled in red).

If I had a garage I'd happily take the door off and investigate further but since I park in my apartment's underground garage it's a little harder to see clearly with my headlamp on and multiple cars next to me...

img_0743-edit-jpg.jpg

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I definitely get there function/purpose but it just seems like it needs some white lithium grease or WD-40 to quiet it down. I was wondering if anyone had taken the door check out since it looks like there are two bolts around the door check (below circled in red).

If I had a garage I'd happily take the door off and investigate further but since I park in my apartment's underground garage it's a little harder to see clearly with my headlamp on and multiple cars next to me...
One thing you learn owning Jeeps is an old Army adage : if it isn't broke , don't screw it up trying to fix it . The door check serves an important purpose . The squeak is nothing in the spectrum of matters to worry about .
Sponsored