SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
It’s the adaptive cruise control I believe
I have the adaptive cruise, and when I lower the windshield, nothing is attached. The sensors are exposed when you drop the windshield,and there is a square plastic cover that snaps over them to protect them if you drive with the windshield down.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
My dealer said no issue for warranty, your dealership must be a giant piece of flaming shit.

Also FWIW, I was able to get new GG windshields in 3 biz days. Funny because they came from SOCAL. $609 my cost + $200 for install. Dealership happily will warranty it here. Haven't tested it yet, we'll see.
Ok. I’ll bite. What dealer did you use?

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
What dealer are you using so I can avoid them for the shitty service they’re giving you?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Ok. I’ll bite. What dealer did you use?
Airpark in Scottsdale.

Seriously, I asked about the warranty before I even ordered. It's stated, but it requires them to look at it (dealership). In my case, my dealership can usually get me in within the same day or next day. They're not the greatest service department, but their parts department is great.

DM me and I can try to help to see if there's a way for you to explain to the dealership on the warranty side so you're not entirely F'cd.

Again, I have NOT tested the warranty. So it's not like I can tell you with certainty that they will look at it and decide "Here's a new one free of charge." The warranty wording is vague, but it would appear to me, if it's from a normal size rock (i.e., kicked up from a landscape truck), it would get replaced under the warranty. The parts AND service guys I talked to there BOTH agreed with me.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I used Safelite to replace my 2019 JLR (25k miles) windshield last week, I went with their glass instead of OEM, only difference I can tell right no is no Jeep image decal. I also have the adaptive cruise, I think my bill was around $850 (Pennsylvania if that make a difference).

I don’t understand why there is a need to recalibrate the safety sensors. I understand why it may be needed in most other cars where the sensors are attached to the windshield, but they aren’t in Wranglers. Can anyone explain?
I had my windshield in my 2016 Acura RDX replaced twice, it has a similar adaptive cruise control to the Wrangler, camera through the windshield near the rear view mirror. Safelite told me both times I would (or may) need to get the cameras recalibrated incase they knocked them during the installation. Both times they told me I would have to go to my Acura dealer to do it, and it took several hours because of whatever process the dealer used. I did it the first time, not the second, couldn't tell a difference either time. When I signed up on Safelite for the JLR replacement, they ask if I had the Adaptive Cruise (I do), and then automatically charge about $400 for the recalibration, no opt out available, at least online. And I don't think you can say you don't have it because I think it is a different windshield. So it seems like another way for Safelite to get another $400. The Safelite guy did tell me he would need to drive around for about 20 minutes to check the calibration, not sure if he attached anything to the sensors, or just drove around hoping nothing went off. I would not have them recalibrate again in the future if possible, may need to use a non-franchise/local glass shop for that.

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Airpark in Scottsdale.

Seriously, I asked about the warranty before I even ordered. It's stated, but it requires them to look at it (dealership). In my case, my dealership can usually get me in within the same day or next day. They're not the greatest service department, but their parts department is great.

DM me and I can try to help to see if there's a way for you to explain to the dealership on the warranty side so you're not entirely F'cd.
Thanks man. I already submitted an insurance claim and I’ll just pay the 500 bucks and get it handled. I’m just pissed that the glass appeared to be quite weak. Maybe I’m wrong or unlucky and the GG is the shit. But I wasn’t impressed. Anyway, thanks for your input

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I already submitted an insurance claim and I’ll just pay the 500 bucks and get it handled. I’m just pissed that the glass appeared to be quite weak. Maybe I’m wrong or unlucky and the GG is the shit. But I wasn’t impressed. Anyway, thanks for your input
You're welcome, sorry I couldn't help more.

I don't think it's any better than the regular glass. I literally -only- bought it because of the warranty as I can no longer submit claims to my insurance for glass coverage. Apparently 13 windshields in 3 years gets you banned.

If it does not work, I will go back to paying Safelite $350 for non GG. BTW though, I do get the OEM glass through them for that price point... not aftermarket.

I've gone through so many windshields all the Safelite techs at my location (that are still there anyway) know me, lol.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't help more.

I don't think it's any better than the regular glass. I literally -only- bought it because of the warranty as I can no longer submit claims to my insurance for glass coverage. Apparently 13 windshields in 3 years gets you banned.

If it does not work, I will go back to paying Safelite $350 for non GG. BTW though, I do get the OEM glass through them for that price point... not aftermarket.

I've gone through so many windshields all the Safelite techs at my location (that are still there anyway) know me, lol.
I thought I was bad with six new windshields in two years on my JK! You, sir, are an over achiever. I hope I never get to your level. 😂

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

What’s the deal with Jeeps do they attract rocks or what?
Shape and angle of the windshield, unfortunately. Looks super cool and classic, but definitely prone to rock chips and cracks.

I ordered Gorilla Glass on my 2022 because I figured for $200 it was worth a shot. If it saves me from even one stone without cracking, I will be happy.

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Shape and angle of the windshield, unfortunately. Looks super cool and classic, but definitely prone to rock chips and cracks.

I ordered Gorilla Glass on my 2022 because I figured for $200 it was worth a shot. If it saves me from even one stone without cracking, I will be happy.
Good luck with that. Mine lasted one month and 900 miles

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It won't save you :)

But if you have a good dealer hopefully the warranty will cover you.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
There was a company that makes hood and fender clear protectors and they also made it for the windshield. It gets layered on top of the exterior of your windshield and lasts about 3 to 4 years

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
On Tuesday I will be on my 3rd windshield in the first 14 months of having my '21 JLUR. My insurer (Nationwide) won't cover GG as it wasn't part of the OE. I thought having better glass would help prevent windshield replacement this often, but apparently Nationwide doesn't agree. I told them that with all the landscape gravel trucks in Phoenix I'll be using Safellite regularly. They pay 100%, and in AZ insurers can't upcharge rates or cancel due to glass replacement, so no complaints.
Sponsored