Pass on the Gorilla Glass

93ls1rx7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon on order
The windshield took a rock or some other debri which I never saw. So it’s not a workmanship issue, it’s a collision issue which I don’t think is covered. And yeah, the local dealer is pretty bad
sorry brother, workmanship isn’t the only thing warrantied…again straight from the warranty I linked “Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm.”

you need to go to a different dealer
Sponsored

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
wow sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I ordered my 2021 JLUR with it and it has worked as expected I was behind 18 wheeler and just before I passed it a couple of rocks came up and hit me and I took it to car wash rinse the glass off and no cracks.
Normally, when I’ve had windshields take rock damage I’ve seen it coming. Whatever it was that impacted the windshield was small. Very small but did quite a bit of damage. What’s more is that it’s right in my line of sight and never saw what hit me. The fact that it was so small that I never saw it bothers me

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
sorry brother, workmanship isn’t the only thing warrantied…again straight from the warranty I linked “Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm.”

you need to go to a different dealer
I’m I Southern California and most of them are turds. I’ve spent a lot of money at this local dealer and they treat me like shit so I won’t buy from them again.

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Did you think GG wouldn’t break?
Oh no, I had no illusions that GG wouldn’t break. Anything will break if pushed beyond design tolerances. I just didn’t expect it to break with a minuscule object on a dry street with super light traffic.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I have the GG windshield. It works great! Over 2000 miles and it is still shielding me from the wind.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta watch Summit too. I've ordered things before that said was in stock. Couple days later your looking for a tracking number and nothing. Then you get a postcard in the mail saying its backordered and will be shipped in 60 days. This was before the pandemic, not a reliable web site.
Nothing irks me more than this kind of bait and switch BS.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I'd be happy with many small chips that won't spread but that I'd have to look at like forever. #cringe

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
For those that are contemplating adding the Corningware Gorilla Glass to their order while building your own online, do yourself a favor and pass on this.

My Jeep has less than 1000 miles and today an unknown object busted this pile of crap windshield pretty good.

Made some calls and ultimately went with Safelite to do the replacement at a mere 1040 bucks due to having to recalibrate for the cruise control. 3 of the shops I called, including Safelite, told me that the Gorilla Glass windshields are a crock of shit and are actually thinner than the standard Glass Jeep uses. Two of the companies said they won’t even attempt to order or install them anymore.
So it’s your money but thought I’d let ya all know that the GG isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Hahahahaha
Did you try to warranty it through the dealership?

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I don’t understand why there is a need to recalibrate the safety sensors. I understand why it may be needed in most other cars where the sensors are attached to the windshield, but they aren’t in Wranglers. Can anyone explain?

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I don’t understand why there is a need to recalibrate the safety sensors. I understand why it may be needed in most other cars where the sensors are attached to the windshield, but they aren’t in Wranglers. Can anyone explain?
It’s the adaptive cruise control I believe

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yes I did. Was told it would be two weeks before they could look at it then said pound sand your not entitled to a warranty
My dealer said no issue for warranty, your dealership must be a giant piece of flaming shit.

Also FWIW, I was able to get new GG windshields in 3 biz days. Funny because they came from SOCAL. $609 my cost + $200 for install incl. calibration. Dealership happily will warranty it here. Haven't tested it yet, we'll see.
Sponsored