Sponsored

Parts Restriction - LED Group, Cold Weather Group...also Manual Transmission

CrystalJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
In the past 6 months, has anyone ordered and received a JLU with the LED group, Cold Weather group and a manual transmission?

My order was placed on March 22nd and I'm still in BG status. The order was moved to a 2022 model year in October. Build date is unknown.

My salesperson has been pretty good about responding to my requests for status updates. He said that dealer management was in contact with FCA and my vehicle isn't being built because of restrictions on the LED and Cold Weather groups. He also said that a minimal amount of manual transmissions vehicles are being built, but didn't say it was an actual restriction.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
In the past 6 months, has anyone ordered and received a JLU with the LED group, Cold Weather group and a manual transmission?

My order was placed on March 22nd and I'm still in BG status. The order was moved to a 2022 model year in October. Build date is unknown.

My salesperson has been pretty good about responding to my requests for status updates. He said that dealer management was in contact with FCA and my vehicle isn't being built because of restrictions on the LED and Cold Weather groups. He also said that a minimal amount of manual transmissions vehicles are being built, but didn't say it was an actual restriction.
Yes, lots of people. I just had mine built a week ago and others here have received theirs in the past six months for sure.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
It sounds like there's rumors that the cold weather group has been an issue recently.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yes, lots of people. I just had mine built a week ago and others here have received theirs in the past six months for sure.
I think he's specifically asking for the combo of the 2 with the stick.

That, and OP's from Canada and apparently crossing that border adds 6 months to the build.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I'd suggest you look in the Canada group. Our experiences differ greatly from the US ordering experience.

TL;DR: don't expect to see your jeep for at least 6-8 months.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I wonder if dealer allocations are being cut and that's an issue. My JLR sailed through, although out of those listed parts I only have the manual trans. I talked to a Toyota sales rep and he stated their allocations were cut 40%, they are only receiving 60% of their vehicles, regardless of whether it was dealer stock or customer orders. Basically Toyota is only producing 60% of the vehicles they normally would and this impacts the total number of vehicles regardless of equipment, options, or packages.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I wonder if dealer allocations are being cut and that's an issue. My JLR sailed through, although out of those listed parts I only have the manual trans. I talked to a Toyota sales rep and he stated their allocations were cut 40%, they are only receiving 60% of their vehicles, regardless of whether it was dealer stock or customer orders. Basically Toyota is only producing 60% of the vehicles they normally would and this impacts the total number of vehicles regardless of equipment, options, or packages.
Dealer allocations being cut may help explain some of the apparent random extended delays some have encountered, while others seem to move more quickly.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
We've had a RAM 5500 on order since February, so almost a year now. It's been cancelled and re-ordered at least once already, but may be again...don't know yet.

Sponsored

qnsnocibur

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon pending

Yes all of the above. Ordered 8/19 took delivery 11/4.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
We've had a RAM 5500 on order since February, so almost a year now. It's been cancelled and re-ordered at least once already, but may be again...don't know yet.
Fleet order? I think they take a backseat to all.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

This wait is abnormal. Are you sure you haven't ordered a Bronco by mistake? They look a lot like Jeeps.
That one hits close to home. Sold my JKU and thought I would give a Bronco a try, but have been waiting 16 months and still no build date. Even bought a Tacoma (best deal/resale at the time) as a placeholder, but here I am back to Jeep!

To OP's point, I don't know if the manual would change anything, but my neighbor back in Michigan only waited ~6 weeks for a loaded 4xe that I know has LED lights and heated seats. He picked it up a week or two ago.

OP
OP

CrystalJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
I think he's specifically asking for the combo of the 2 with the stick.

That, and OP's from Canada and apparently crossing that border adds 6 months to the build.
Yes all of the above. Ordered 8/19 took delivery 11/4.
Thanks - I was wondering about that combination of items. Yes, orders seem to be taking much longer to get to Canada.

I guess I'll just have to wait...not sure if there is anything else that can be done. Dealer has said i'll be price protected and my existing car is functional, so it's really more of a frustrating wait than anything else.
Sponsored