Parts List for Parking Sensor Mounting

mikster

First Name
Miklos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Jl - Mohito
The decoupler rings are just plastic "beauty" rings. At $0.50 a piece, I bought 4 just in case any were damaged when removing from the plastic rear bumper. ONE was broken during the removal process (and frankly it wasn't even broken per se, it showed some marks from the tool used to remove it). Once you remove them, you'll know which part is which.
Ok that is great. Thank you for the response!!!
Sponsored

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So I attempted to remove one of the brackets that was glued to the inside of my plastic bumper. I broke one of the tabs that is glued to the bumper, so I need a new bracket for a plastic bumper. Can anyone verify that the part #'s for the brackets in this thread will work for the plastic bumper?

A1EE01D5-1C3D-4FDA-A11A-077D5786FED1.jpeg

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
This should work for the plastic bumper.

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the diameter size of the hole in the bumper to install the parking sensor bezels?
I didn’t measure so no idea. I would measure the spare bezels I have, but would need to find them someplace in my garage 🤣🤣

Sponsored

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Im wondering where to order these parts? Checked a few parts website and the price is reasonable, it shipping fee are ridiculous

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im wondering where to order these parts? Checked a few parts website and the price is reasonable, it shipping fee are ridiculous
go to your local dealer. There is not typically a shipping cost added and they can get it quickly. Mine got it within two days.

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
I didn’t measure so no idea. I would measure the spare bezels I have, but would need to find them someplace in my garage 🤣🤣
Hey! I can confirm that the measure of the whole needed in the bumper is 19 mm.
I installed my front parking sensors in a Rubicon bumper so I had to remove the brackets from the original bumper, drill 19 mm holes (6) in the US rubicon bumper and glue the brackets so I can re-attach the original sensors.

FA889-A24-E566-47-A2-A3-F9-0-E0-D7-D58-CDA4.jpg

0-C5-DD7-C4-A823-43-C8-B158-D542-FE58-C527.jpg

0669449-B-562-D-475-B-B8-DC-247-E2-F267-D31.jpg

5949081-F-F7-E0-42-B9-A2-EC-D3211-EF39393.jpg

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I'm swapping over to a steel bumper from a plastic, I was able to get everything I needed to swap the sensors over from my dealer except one of the brackets is apparently on national backorder, I had them order 2 of the brackets for the one side in the middle, I dont know if it will work or not but its worth a shot, if not ill have to source it from somewhere else, I never thought it would be this big of a deal

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm swapping over to a steel bumper from a plastic, I was able to get everything I needed to swap the sensors over from my dealer except one of the brackets is apparently on national backorder, I had them order 2 of the brackets for the one side in the middle, I dont know if it will work or not but its worth a shot, if not ill have to source it from somewhere else, I never thought it would be this big of a deal
they are positional, but the middles have less of an angle. You may be able to tweak enough for it to work. Good luck. Let us know if you’re able to make it work.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they are positional, but the middles have less of an angle. You may be able to tweak enough for it to work. Good luck. Let us know if you’re able to make it work.
Thanks, I don't think its going to work lol. I think I'm just going to order the piece I need and put my plastic bumper back on in the mean time.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Like everyone I've purchased a Cavfab rear crawler bumper with provisions. When removing sensors successfully in knew the plastic supports were not used e.g. thermo plastic welds vs metal bumper. I have all sensors removed safely but forgot to orientate. I saw/read they need to go back in orientation where removed. Will this be an issue and if so how do we correct....dealer flash? BTW ordered all OEM brackets and supports per the thread. Great info!!!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like everyone I've purchased a Cavfab rear crawler bumper with provisions. When removing sensors successfully in knew the plastic supports were not used e.g. thermo plastic welds vs metal bumper. I have all sensors removed safely but forgot to orientate. I saw/read they need to go back in orientation where removed. Will this be an issue and if so how do we correct....dealer flash? BTW ordered all OEM brackets and supports per the thread. Great info!!!
from what I could tell when I did mine as long as you oriented the plastic bezels the sensors only go in one way so they should be fine.

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sensor location shouldn’t be an issue as long as they are in installed in the order that they are in in the wiring harness. The bezel is what orientates them in the proper direction.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks all! The confusion was some state sensors are place specific like 1 through 4 lt to rt which they are not. They are keyed to fit the brackets in a specific clocking, for better terms. As I figured with the parts list posted here just follow it and snap in each sensor. Do a back up check and a walk by left to right or rt to lt and you should be good. If running a spare confirm sensor radar is not in its path as you might need to swap them around to get the angle you need.
Sponsored