NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
For those with a Wrangler JL that have parking sensors and are moving from the plastic bumper to an aftermarket bumper that has the cutouts for the parking sensors, below is the list of parts you will need to mount the sensors. These can also be used to replace broken mounts from a steel bumper.

Sensor Mounting Bracket (center right)- Mopar (68295600AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (center left)- Mopar (68295601AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (outer right)- Mopar (68295602AC)
Sensor Mounting Bracket (outer left) - Mopar (68295603AC)

Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH82RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH83RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH84RXFAB)
Park Distance Bezel - Mopar (6MH85RXFAC)

4x Decoupler Ring - Mopar (68289851AA)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dmrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Just started looking but havenā€™t found it yet....how do you get the sensors out of the plastic bumper without destroying them? Also, is it the bezels and whatnot that determine their locations. What I mean is, is each sensor the same part and just oriented based on the bezel?

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just started looking but havenā€™t found it yet....how do you get the sensors out of the plastic bumper without destroying them? Also, is it the bezels and whatnot that determine their locations. What I mean is, is each sensor the same part and just oriented based on the bezel?
I never took the sensors off the wiring harness. The bezels are what orientate the sensors to their correct direction. Placing them in the proper order is important.

And getting them out destroys the bumper. I guess you COULD do it in such a fashion that the bumper is saved, but that was gonna take time I didn't have...LOL.

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
For those with a Wrangler JL that have parking sensors and are moving from the plastic bumper to an aftermarket bumper that has the cutouts for the parking sensors, below is the list of parts you will need to mount the sensors. These can also be used to replace broken mounts from a steel bumper.

Thanks, I jus got an aftermarket bumper too and this helps clarify all the parts needed. I thought I would just need the mounting brackets. Few questions if you don't mind. Does the sensor clip into the bracket, then the bracket into the bezel, then the bezel into the bumper? What exactly is the decoupler ring? Is that last bezel part number really different than the rest?

Thanks again for the info!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The bracket actually holds the sensor.
The bracket goes inside the bezel and what orientates the sensor.
The decoupler ring is a "trim" piece. At $0.50, I went ahead and bought it and only needed one. The rest were in good shape after removal.

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
The bracket actually holds the sensor.
The bracket goes inside the bezel and what orientates the sensor.
The decoupler ring is a "trim" piece. At $0.50, I went ahead and bought it and only needed one. The rest were in good shape after removal.
Cool, I just placed my order! I think I will have to epoxy them onto the inside of mt Cavfab bumper.
Thanks again.

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
@NTX Black Moab Just wanted to say thanks for posting.... I copied and emailed this to my parts guy and got the job done. Saved a lot of time and confusion. Thank you

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I was looking at removing my sensors - I watched this video but when I got under and started looking at mine (2020 JLU Sahara) it appears to be different.

The first step made sense - pry back tabs and pull the sensor out - this went fine. But the rest of the bracket/bezel/ring all appear to be one piece. I poked around and tried to separate the two pieces like in the video but I swear it's all one piece.

I also found this other video which appears that the bracket/bezel separate - but on mine there was no seams or flexing that allowed them to separate.

Has anyone seen/experienced this when removing theirs?

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I was looking at removing my sensors - I watched this video but when I got under and started looking at mine (2020 JLU Sahara) it appears to be different.

The first step made sense - pry back tabs and pull the sensor out - this went fine. But the rest of the bracket/bezel/ring all appear to be one piece. I poked around and tried to separate the two pieces like in the video but I swear it's all one piece.

I also found this other video which appears that the bracket/bezel separate - but on mine there was no seams or flexing that allowed them to separate.

Has anyone seen/experienced this when removing theirs?
Nevermind - I found the answer here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/switching-parking-sensors-to-new-bumper.9253/

If you have the plastic bumper it sounds like you're in a world of hurt trying to remove these sensors :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Plastic bumpers were a total pain. I gave up and destroyed the bumper getting the sensors out.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I never took the sensors off the wiring harness. The bezels are what orientate the sensors to their correct direction. Placing them in the proper order is important.

And getting them out destroys the bumper. I guess you COULD do it in such a fashion that the bumper is saved, but that was gonna take time I didn't have...LOL.
Why is placing sensors in a certain ores important? They are all the same part # right? The reason I ask is I just put on a Rival rear bumper and now the center to sensors go off constantly. I took all the sensors off my old bumper and didnā€™t keep them in order. I didnā€™t think it would matter. Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sensors have specific orientation requirements because the various parts are ā€œkeyedā€ to specific sensors therefore order is VERY IMPORTANT.

mikster

First Name
Miklos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Jl - Mohito

So, I just picked up all of the above pieces you listed and I'm excited to put them into my new bumper - but I'm not sure what to do with the decoupler rings. Do you have any pics or a link to a website that shows how to assemble the decoupler rings with the bezel and brackets?

Cheers!

OP
OP
NTX Black Moab

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just picked up all of the above pieces you listed and I'm excited to put them into my new bumper - but I'm not sure what to do with the decoupler rings. Do you have any pics or a link to a website that shows how to assemble the decoupler rings with the bezel and brackets?

Cheers!
The decoupler rings are just plastic "beauty" rings. At $0.50 a piece, I bought 4 just in case any were damaged when removing from the plastic rear bumper. ONE was broken during the removal process (and frankly it wasn't even broken per se, it showed some marks from the tool used to remove it). Once you remove them, you'll know which part is which.
Sponsored