Part of hard fell off

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
A piece of my 2-door hard-top (which has never been removed) decided to fall off today... it's just an interior piece that does nothing except make the thing look pretty and tough. It was originally glued onto 6 very small rubber pads. What kind of glue should I use to stick the thing back on? I'm not taking it to dealer, as it'll take forever and Jeep doesn't have the greatest reputation for quality work. Never had a part fall off a vehicle in 40 years. Including 300,000 miles of FJ40. Hmmmm.

IMG_2639.JPG
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Never had a part fall off a vehicle in 40 years. Including 300,000 miles of FJ40.
Don't think that a roof on a Toyota FJ40 is comparable with your plastic one . Better keep the FJ40 and the TJ for spare vehicles , lol .

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

A piece of my 2-door hard-top (which has never been removed) decided to fall off today... it's just an interior piece that does nothing except make the thing look pretty and tough. It was originally glued onto 6 very small rubber pads. What kind of glue should I use to stick the thing back on? I'm not taking it to dealer, as it'll take forever and Jeep doesn't have the greatest reputation for quality work. Never had a part fall off a vehicle in 40 years. Including 300,000 miles of FJ40. Hmmmm.

IMG_2639.JPG
Had the same thing fall off - used two sided insulation tape and put it back - no issues

OP
OP

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
Had the same thing fall off - used two sided insulation tape and put it back - no issues
Great suggestion, Kenny!... What brand did you use? I'll buy a big roll... who knows what's going to fall off next...
Thank you!

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
If you do not use gorilla glue you will get a visit from a big dark hairy guy very soon!
Sponsored