Sponsored

Part numbers for Jl tow wire harness and hitch

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Bubba, I applaud your trying to educate me (us) on being frugal. You have valid points. Having said that, spending money (IMHO) is a matter of many factors - ROI, pleasure a person will get from the spend, pain it reduces, security, does it make you taller/pretty/thin,etc - I'm sure the list could be very long. I for one have been very blessed and I could care less about what something costs - a lot of people would consider that stupid and I can live with that.. The last consideration in a decision or me is the financial impact - again, very blessed - and I started with nothing.

I think the forum needs you to help guide a lot of people. It's great advice and a decade or two ago it would have been helpful for me. But today, I'm ordering everything OEM.
Couldn't have said it better. This is exactly how I feel too, but you have said it much better than I ever could. Thanks Kenny!!
Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
You guys do know that FCA doesn't manufacture hitches and harnesses, right? They outsource them like everyone else (often to China and Mexico), rebrand them and mark up the price.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please post back on the wiring install and any issues. The dealer quoted me 6 hours of labor just to install the wiring and said it's a big job. I already have the receiver and for the most part that's all I need but wouldn't mind getting the wiring in place in case I need to trailer something.
I have ordered the part but have not received it yet. 6 hours seam a bit much. When I get it, I will check back and see it you've had it done yet, if not I will post up how easy or hard it is. i would show the dealer this pic Mopar states 3.0 hours. It is possible the dealer just took a guess. 3 hours still seams a bit much. Show them this pic, on the bottom right it says 3.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 5.55.17 AM.png

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys do know that FCA doesn't manufacture hitches and harnesses, right? They outsource them like everyone else (often to China and Mexico), rebrand them and mark up the price.
You do know that people have had problems with the stock wiring harness and an after market receiver. Why is it such a big deal to some of you how we spend our money... just let it go

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Add me to one of those who has busted my ass working for money and doing a lot of my OWN DIY crap in my younger years. I now have my wife and kids and if I can install a OEM wiring harness in plug n play fashion to free up a lot of TIME I'm all for it. Shit, I'd pay 100 extra to save 2hrs of my time lol

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I dont know why you guys keep saying to save time ,you will spend the extra money. I'm not trying to educate you guys, you already know everything.its for the others on here that do not. I installed the plug n play harness in 2 hours on my jeep. There is no splicing the wires .

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
do you have link to the trailer one thats plug n play? I may check it out.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I got it cheaper than that off Ebay. They gave me a deal on it when I bought the hitch. Just so some know ,I'm not cheap I'm a principal guy, and buy allot of OEM parts when it makes sense. I don't cow down to the dealers bullshit about voiding warranty. It's a pretty easy install. If anyone goes that route PM me for a tip on installation .
https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit...C8SIEmfSfpPiQoa52OTYLk3eeBRIl29IaAnXoEALw_wcB

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got it cheaper than that off Ebay. They gave me a deal on it when I bought the hitch. Just so some know ,I'm not cheap I'm a principal guy, and buy allot of OEM parts when it makes sense. I don't cow down to the dealers bullshit about voiding warranty. It's a pretty easy install. If anyone goes that route PM me for a tip on installation .
https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit...C8SIEmfSfpPiQoa52OTYLk3eeBRIl29IaAnXoEALw_wcB
OK, Bubba, I have no problem with you or anyone else paying less for parts. I actually approve of it. This is my 12th jeep (yes that is a 12 and i still own 3. of them) I have done aftermarket parts on all of them, for the most part with no problems. This new JLU cost more than my first 5 or 6 combined. I want it to be a certain way as I have done this before. I also want to point out you are being a bit nasty, saying things like "you know everything". I will be the first to say that is simply not true. I have a 2011 JKU (still have it) that has a lifetime warranty. I have had a few issues with the warranty not covering stuff because of aftermarket parts. This particular jeep will be with me until I die, so it wont be getting the crazy aftermarket treatment that I used to do. I never told anyone to not buy an aftermarket harness as a matter of fact, if any of you are close I will help you install it or any other part you might need help with. I love jeeping I have for a very long time. Again for the cheep seats. Please save the money and buy what ever floats your boat. I am only here to help. I NEVER said to not buy anything. I have actually bought many wiring harness kits for different cars including jeeps and my wife cars and I would do it again, just not on this jeep. etrailer is one of the best. I just spend over 2k and am waiting for shipping to get my parts...... Now can we stop the bashing and move on, or do you just need the last word?