Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Ordering with the new vehicle has sailed, I now need to order and install. I believe the correct part numbers are:

82215209 hitch
82215398AB. WIRING HARNESS

can someone confirm?
Sponsored

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Ordering with the new vehicle has sailed, I now need to order and install. I believe the correct part numbers are:

82215209 hitch
82215398AB. WIRING HARNESS

can someone confirm?
Yes you are correct
I ordered the same

sandylasa

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Issues with my wiring harness. Same part number. Once installed, all lights on Jeep and trailer work but getting hyper flash because of LED lights and my Blind spot detector isn't working now. Any ideas if you have already installed this?

Sponsored

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
You think Jeep is going to void your warranty over a wiring harness?!

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You think Jeep is going to void your warranty over a wiring harness?!
YES I DO... if there is any electrical issue and you have some random harness you found online, they are well within their rights to void that claim.

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Issues with my wiring harness. Same part number. Once installed, all lights on Jeep and trailer work but getting hyper flash because of LED lights and my Blind spot detector isn't working now. Any ideas if you have already installed this?
Wow — I’ll let you know if I have issues after install

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have LED's or blind spot detector, but I would suggest, make sure all your plugs are completely seated then disconnect your negative battery thermal, leave it off for at least 5 minutes. and try it again.

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
My harness is the same one etrailer sells
Don't drink the void the warranty koolaid. That harness is under a 100 bucks, and I got a drawtite hitch for 73.00. Its a class 3.the harness is fused and is not going to burn your wiring up.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My harness is the same one etrailer sells
Don't drink the void the warranty koolaid. That harness is under a 100 bucks, and I got a drawtite hitch for 73.00. Its a class 3.the harness is fused and is not going to burn your wiring up.
I'm drinking the water, 2 gallons a day. For a hundred bucks why wouldn't I. I had a failed of a part on my 11 JKU at 95,000 miles and if I hadn't lifted it it would have been covered. Can't remember what it was but even the dealer thought they should have covered it. Again for 100 bucks in 10 years and 150,000 miles. I won't have to argue or plead with anyone

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I'm drinking the water, 2 gallons a day. For a hundred bucks why wouldn't I. I had a failed of a part on my 11 JKU at 95,000 miles and if I hadn't lifted it it would have been covered. Can't remember what it was but even the dealer thought they should have covered it. Again for 100 bucks in 10 years and 150,000 miles. I won't have to argue or plead with anyone

Did you also go with the over priced reciever too. Does that void your warranty too.

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Did you also go with the over priced reciever too. Does that void your warranty too.
Bubba, I applaud your trying to educate me (us) on being frugal. You have valid points. Having said that, spending money (IMHO) is a matter of many factors - ROI, pleasure a person will get from the spend, pain it reduces, security, does it make you taller/pretty/thin,etc - I'm sure the list could be very long. I for one have been very blessed and I could care less about what something costs - a lot of people would consider that stupid and I can live with that.. The last consideration in a decision or me is the financial impact - again, very blessed - and I started with nothing.

I think the forum needs you to help guide a lot of people. It's great advice and a decade or two ago it would have been helpful for me. But today, I'm ordering everything OEM.

OrangeWave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Please post back on the wiring install and any issues. The dealer quoted me 6 hours of labor just to install the wiring and said it's a big job. I already have the receiver and for the most part that's all I need but wouldn't mind getting the wiring in place in case I need to trailer something.
Sponsored