Sponsored

Part number for the stock Diverter Valve? Trying to upgrade with GFB DV+

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
As the subject states...I am looking to compare the part numbers on the stock Diverter Valve with the intention of adding the Go Fast Bits DV+ piston.

I have this unit on my Big turbo Audi A3 and I have found evidence via Alfa Forums and Fiat forums that there is a compatible DV+ for those 2.0t and 1.4t motors.

Having a snappier Diverter valve is good for throttle response and I am interested in efficiency mods for our version of the Hurricane.

Anyone have a good part number for the magnetic solenoid that controls boost?

https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/dv-performance-diverter-valvr.32489/

UPDATE 01/06/2020 : Part number for OEM Solenoid
Surge Solenoid - Mopar (4893902AB) This should be what you're looking for.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rub-ISH

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the valve is common Pierburg that is found in many different turbo applications...may even be identical to my Audi/VW 2.0t solenoid...just strange that none of the mopar part sites have any of those parts listed or even acknowledged...The turbo section is under the fueling category which makes no sense to me

OP
OP
Rub-ISH

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I realize I'm talking to myself here but for the sake of the search function I am going to update my findings!

So I reached out to Chris@eurocompulsion who seems to be one of a select few 2.0l hurricane tuners (specifically on Alfas). He said they have fitted a DV+ successfully but with modified hardware as a result of the odd threading on the IC piping!

He also mentioned that GoFastBits was working on sourcing the correct hardware for the IC pipe and that should be happening eventually. The correct DV+ would be the unit designated for the FIAT Arbath linked below

https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-of...mw-f30-335i-f20-f21-m135i-fiat-abarth-detail/

Also mentioned that they are quite interested in Jeep JL tuning! He indicated that they provide both piggyback and flash tunes, of which I prefer the latter! (important because that means they have already cracked the ecu encryption)

I invited Chris to check out the 2.0l forum here so maybe he'll pop up as a forum member or sponsor in the future

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rub-ISH

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what would be the benefit of this DV+ vs the turbo smart bov?
For me its all about retaining the stock solenoid...Which is actuated by the ECU!

This oem diverter valve has been used on quite a few 2.0t motors from various manufactures.

The GFB DV+ revises all of the weaknesses inherent in the initial design. (pressure retention and cracking pressure)

By combining the stock Solenoid with a beefed up "seal" you retain all of the speed and control of the oem actuator while increasing the efficiency/responsiveness/cracking pressure of the forced induction loop.

The turbosmart looks to have some type of solenoid in their design so I cant speak to how it operates, quite a few people here are running them but it seams to be primarily for the BOV (Noise)

Last edited:

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I used to be quite into Alfa's, and will see whether I can dig up some info down here.
G_DV.jpg

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Btw, these folks seem to offer a GFB DV+ for the 2.0 already...

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
For me its all about retaining the stock solenoid...Which is actuated by the ECU!

This oem diverter valve has been used on quite a few 2.0t motors from various manufactures.

The GFB DV+ revises all of the weaknesses inherent in the initial design. (pressure retention and cracking pressure)

By combining the stock Solenoid with a beefed up "seal" you retain all of the speed and control of the oem actuator while increasing the efficiency/responsiveness/cracking pressure of the forced induction loop.

The turbosmart looks to have some type of solenoid in their design so I cant speak to how it operates, quite a few people here are running them but it seams to be primarily for the BOV (Noise)

FWIW, I tried running the TurboSmart PlumbBack and it didn't work out for me. It's supposed to have a solenoid of its own and be a straight plug-and-play upgrade but it wasn't building boost worth sh*t and just felt like things weren't actuating properly. It eventually threw a CEL and an auto stop/start error since the RPMs were hanging so low, so I returned it. May look into the DV+ next since it retains that factory solenoid.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Following this...I'm waiting for a refund from TS and would consider the GFB Div+ if more people get it installed and have feedback. Looks like the Alfa forums like their installs though so I may spring for this one since it's also cheaper and achieves the same desired efficiencies and preventions.

Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I realize I'm talking to myself here but for the sake of the search function I am going to update my findings!

So I reached out to Chris@eurocompulsion who seems to be one of a select few 2.0l hurricane tuners (specifically on Alfas). He said they have fitted a DV+ successfully but with modified hardware as a result of the odd threading on the IC piping!
The correct DV+ would be the unit designated for the FIAT Arbath linked below

https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-of...mw-f30-335i-f20-f21-m135i-fiat-abarth-detail/
I appreciate your documentation of your self ramblings. I was searching for this same part and really appreciate that you have completed the leg work for it. I have ordered the GFS T9356 to install with the Mishimoto intercooler pipe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rub-ISH

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate your documentation of your self ramblings. I was searching for this same part and really appreciate that you have completed the leg work for it.
No problem...There have been some updates on the DV+ front...

GFB now makes a DV+ kit for the jeep with the proper hardware for the stock intercooler pipe...(which is plastic and has a screw style hardware)

That said I am waiting on the new Mishimoto intercooler pipe upgrade which will require longer bolts and a different thread pitch from the DV+ kit meant for the jeep Jl 2.0t...There is info in that product thread but since the intercooler pipe hasnt his mass distro yet there is still some planning going on about the correct hardware for both pieces to play nice.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just ordered mine, anyone have this installed yet and feel a difference? I have the intercooler pipe on order too.
Sponsored