Part Identification Help

MarkTX

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
First, a question. Does Porsche put red Loctite on everything like Jeep does?! I am like, dang! need a breaker bar to get these seat bolts loose! Anyway, so I am working under the dash on the JL and found this on the carpet. It looks important, and I know its Jeep because it's a Torx. Any idea?

upload_2019-7-27_21-6-30.png

Advertisement

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like a "set screw". Does it have knurling on the opposite end from the torx? Commonly used to secure a steering ujoint yoke or pillow block bearing onto a steering shaft. Has other uses, but those pop to mind because of where you found it.

OP
OP

MarkTX

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
It looks like a "set screw". Does it have knurling on the opposite end from the torx? Commonly used to secure a steering ujoint yoke or pillow block bearing onto a steering shaft. Has other uses, but those pop to mind because of where you found it.
The other side is concave, like a little bowl. I will have a look at the steering shaft assembly. Really difficult to see under there. Thanks.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like Allen head not torx. My first thought is set screw for holesaw.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The other side is concave, like a little bowl. I will have a look at the steering shaft assembly. Really difficult to see under there. Thanks.
Also a possibility that it fell out of the pocket of one of the assembly line workers. But popping a lower dash panel or two to be sure is definitely worth the peace of mind.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
First, a question. Does Porsche put red Loctite on everything like Jeep does?! I am like, dang! need a breaker bar to get these seat bolts loose! Anyway, so I am working under the dash on the JL and found this on the carpet. It looks important, and I know its Jeep because it's a Torx. Any idea?

upload_2019-7-27_21-6-30.png
I got my Wrangler only about 3 weeks ago and I found a huge screw in the cup holder : ) , I looked around the interior if there is any hole expecting a visit from this screw but didn't find any vacated hole yet : )

OP
OP

MarkTX

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Maybe they just toss one in to throw us off :)

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement