Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels

KneedVSwant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
Picked up my XR 2 days ago and really like the color of the non-392 XR wheels. Anyone know for sure what color Mopar calls them? I've seen them referred to as gray and anthracite gray...I think my American Adventure Labs rack would look good in that matching color...

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry we cant seem to find this info either, We looked on the Jeep website and the wheel sales code info as well. What we do know is the sales code for them is WFC.

- Benny

Sponsored

JackWagon21

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLURD
Sorry we cant seem to find this info either, We looked on the Jeep website and the wheel sales code info as well. What we do know is the sales code for them is WFC.

- Benny
Good morning, Benny, and I truly hate to bother you with this, but the more I have searched on these forums, the more I trust your opinions and answers. And I will apologize now for the long post, but I wanted to make sure to give as much detailed info as I could. I recently purchased and just received yesterday a set of 5 of what was advertised as "2023 Jeep Wrangler 392 Rubicon 17" OEM Beadlock Wheels". I purchased them from a seller on eBay that had very good feedback rating and has sold numerous sets of all kinds of wheels. The pictures that were in the listing showed the bronze color non-XR 392 rims that I wanted for our 2021 Sarge Green Rubicon JLU Diesel, but when I opened the boxes, the rims were that anthracite or gunmetal color. I looked on the back of the rims and is has part # 68508685AB. It seems all of the other info is correct, such as the size (17x7.5J & 44.45mm) and bolt pattern (5x127.0mmBCD). I spent hours last night online searching for that part number though and I was having A LOT of difficulty locating it. I could find the bronze non-XR 392 part number of 68508686AA all day long, and even found on a couple of the Mopar parts sites where they had both numbers for the same wheel, but only showed the pictures of the bronze. I am so lost right now with this. I have contacted the seller on eBay and told them I am very disappointed as I was expecting the bronze that was shown in their photos and received a reply that said what was in the pictures was what I got. Then they also tried to tell me that they went online to search and there was only one wheel color produced for both the XR 392 and non-XR 392, but I know that is not true since I have seen where numerous other people have stated that there were two colors produced for each.

I am going to attach a few photos below so you can see the difference and tell me if I am going mad. The first two photos are the screenshots from the eBay listing and the rest are what I took yesterday afternoon. I even did a collage of their photo and mine so you can really see the color finish comparison. The final photo has the part number on the back of the rim as well. Any help, guidance, or assistance would be greatly appreciated in locating this part number and maybe finding out what year model they were produced for and if they are just that rare of a find (maybe I got lucky....LOL). I know both the bronze and this color will look great on the Sarge Green, but I'm just disappointed that there was not more of a description from the seller like part #, color, etc. That is my fault for not asking either, but I thought i would be getting what was in the pictures. Thanks again and have a great day! Keep up the awesome work too!✌

Scott
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels Screenshot_20240213_165624_eBay
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels Screenshot_20240213_165630_eBay
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 20240213_164235
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 20240213_171531
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 20240213_171634
Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 20240213_173851

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Scott,
I would agree they are 2 different colors and not the bronze that was advertised. Here is what I have as far as part numbers

68508686AA = Bronze
68625513AA = Gray

The number you are seeing does not appear to have been used as the final production part number. I will add that the gray does seem to be very rare factory option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

JackWagon21

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLURD
Hi Scott,
I would agree they are 2 different colors and not the bronze that was advertised. Here is what I have as far as part numbers

68508686AA = Bronze
68625513AA = Gray

The number you are seeing does not appear to have been used as the final production part number. I will add that the gray does seem to be very rare factory option.

Thanks,
-Benny
Thank you greatly for the reply Benny. I am going to do a more thorough search on the back of the rim to see if there are any other part numbers that I may have missed to possibly clarify some of this. I did happen to do another Google search for my 2023 392 wheels and came across 2 ebay listings that have the 68508686AA as the OE Part Number and then have the 68508685AB listed as the "Indent". Any idea what that would be all about? I'm attaching a couple of screenshots that I took from those listings so you can check them out. Thanks again!
Hi Scott,

68508686AA = Bronze
68625513AA = Gray

Thanks,
-Benny
Thanks so much for the reply Benny. I posted in another thread in the forums and got some good feedback that it could be the "warmth" of the photo that makes them look bronze as opposed to a "colder" photo that makes them look grayish, but I guess we will see when I get them out in the sunlight. I am also going to do a more thorough search on the back of the rims when I get home today to see if I missed any other part numbers or anything. I did do another Google search for 2023 Jeep 392 wheels and found 2 eBay listings that showed what looked to be the bronze colored wheels with an OE Part Number 68508686AA, but then also showed the 68508685AB as "Indents". Any idea why it would show my part number as that and what an "indent" actually is when it comes to the wheels? I also found that same information on a couple of websites that sell wheels as well. I am still as lost as I was searching for that part number. I cannot understand why it is so difficult to find anywhere. I am attaching a couple screenshots of those 2 listings so you can see what I am talking about and maybe you will know what they mean. I just truly find all of this so odd, but I guess stranger things have happened. Thanks again and have a great day!

Screenshot_20240215_061807_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_061942_eBay.jpg

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I can see how the camera or screen warmth can be deceiving. I dont have access to physical inventory to confirm that all 686 wheels are infact stamped with a 685.

Not to make things more confusing but here are the photos mopar provides us for 68508686AA

Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 1708034581994

Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 1708034588548

Jeep Wrangler JL Part # for Xtreme Recon Wheels 1708034628470

Note the contrast on the inside.

- Benny

JackWagon21

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLURD
I can see how the camera or screen warmth can be deceiving. I dont have access to physical inventory to confirm that all 686 wheels are infact stamped with a 685.

Not to make things more confusing but here are the photos mopar provides us for 68508686AA

Note the contrast on the inside.

- Benny
Thanks again, Benny. And WOW.....those photos they send you make them look almost black! Lol. I did look at my rims yesterday after getting home from work and could not find any other part numbers that would correspond to any known Mopar numbers at all. I did end up taking one out of the garage and putting it into the sunlight and I was totally shocked to see it having a more bronze look to it than in the garage, but those part numbers will continue to haunt me. Either way, these rims are going to look awesome on our Sarge Green JLURD. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to try to get me straight. This is our first ever Jeep, but it is an extremely sentimental one that I don't think we will ever part with! Have a great Friday and weekend.

Scott
Sponsored