JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Hi guys,

So I’ve been having this problem since a few days ago. I installed my new 35” spare tire and also de Rough Country relocation bracket and now every time I put reverse, the Parksense starts beeping and turning red on the middle and right sensors. I don’t really know if it has to do with the spare tire or not. Don’t recall that this started the same day I installed my new tire but it’s very annoying. I know that I can turn it off but Jeeps are supposed to handle big tires without this issue.

Any ideas??

I will try to take the tire off and see if this is the issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JL_MX

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the tire the issue?
I removed it today and that solved the problem. I installed the tire again and worked fine from home to my office. I will see if that solved the problem forever (uninstalling and installing tire).

OP
OP
JL_MX

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, it seems like that fixed the problem. Just took the tire down and put it up again and now the sensors are correct.

Sponsored

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Well, it seems like that fixed the problem. Just took the tire down and put it up again and now the sensors are correct.
Is your parksense still working properly? I am having the beeping problem and hoping removing the spare and putting it back on will work.

du22ty

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is your parksense still working properly? I am having the beeping problem and hoping removing the spare and putting it back on will work.
Didn't work for me. Mine still does it.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
mine does it 80% of the time, so confused! Always the right rear sensor flashing and nothing nearby. Another item to add to the list for first dealer visit

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I sent an email into Smittybilt regarding a fix. They are requesting photos. Will update.

du22ty

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
mine does it 80% of the time, so confused! Always the right rear sensor flashing and nothing nearby. Another item to add to the list for first dealer visit
How big is your tire?

Sponsored

mjreynolds1006

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I sent an email into Smittybilt regarding a fix. They are requesting photos. Will update.
Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? Considering a 2” Mopar lift and 35s and was warned by a local shop about the possibility of the rear Park sense going haywire. Would rather hold off if there isn’t a definite fix.

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? Considering a 2” Mopar lift and 35s and was warned by a local shop about the possibility of the rear Park sense going haywire. Would rather hold off if there isn’t a definite fix.
I sent the photos and have not heard back from them. Was told their R&D team was working on it. It sounds crazy but they suggested removing the spare turning it and putting it back on and damned if that didn't work. I have no more issues with my Parksense.

mjreynolds1006

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I sent the photos and have not heard back from them. Was told their R&D team was working on it. It sounds crazy but they suggested removing the spare turning it and putting it back on and damned if that didn't work. I have no more issues with my Parksense.
That’s incredible. So they mounted the spare, you had the issue, took it down and turned it and the sensor stopped picking it up?

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
That’s incredible. So they mounted the spare, you had the issue, took it down and turned it and the sensor stopped picking it up?
This was at the suggestion of Smittybilt. I did it and crazy enough it worked. I haven't had any ghost beeps since I turned the tire.

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
This was at the suggestion of Smittybilt. I did it and crazy enough it worked. I haven't had any ghost beeps since I turned the tire.
Hi, I have the same problem, what did you mean when you said turned the tire?
Sponsored