parking sensors won't stop beeping

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Anyone have this problem? I've got 6,000 miles on the JLUR that I picked up in January. Tires, including the spare, are slightly larger than stock at 315/70/17 KO2s, but that hasn't changed since new.

In the past couple of days the sensor is beeping continuously when in reverse, even when there is nothing nearby. I've wiped all of the sensors and there's no mud or heavy dirt on the outside of them.

Any thoughts as to what might cause this?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Some have reported that larger than stock tires interfere with the sensors, I run 315’s with a wheel that has a -12 offset along with a spare tire relocator and it sticks the wheel out pretty far compared to stock but then I don’t have the backup sensors

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Anyone have this problem? I've got 6,000 miles on the JLUR that I picked up in January. Tires, including the spare, are slightly larger than stock at 315/70/17 KO2s, but that hasn't changed since new.

In the past couple of days the sensor is beeping continuously when in reverse, even when there is nothing nearby. I've wiped all of the sensors and there's no mud or heavy dirt on the outside of them.

Any thoughts as to what might cause this?
I have stock tires on my Sahara and lately the sensor beeps for no reason.. Its always the left side. Drives me nuts. I have an appointment with service in early august for an ordered part and they will look into this at that time.
Not good when you are conditioned to ignore a warning sound

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Some have reported that larger than stock tires interfere with the sensors, I run 315’s with a wheel that has a -12 offset along with a spare tire relocator and it sticks the wheel out pretty far compared to stock but then I don’t have the backup sensors
My first thought was the tire, but it's been on since new and this is a very recent problem.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My first thought was the tire, but it's been on since new and this is a very recent problem.
An easy test is to drop the spare and see if the problem still exists
Sponsored