:facepalm:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Back on track - a wrangler can handle boulders, big curbs, and large rocks. Just take it easy when approaching. Alignment is seldom affected unless a suspension part is loose or something gets bent from hitting something big too fast. The single axle design is fairly stout. Enjoy your Jeep!!!

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
The curb on my street outside my apartment is a solid 14”+. I just crawl up it for shits and giggles when I’m bored between weekend trail trips.

This is the least thing I’m worried about messing up my alignment haha :)

C72B021D-C121-4DBF-841B-1D42B6549D96.jpeg

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The curb on my street outside my apartment is a solid 14”+. I just crawl up it for shits and giggles when I’m bored between weekend trail trips.

This is the least thing I’m worried about messing up my alignment haha :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Parking on curbs/sidewalks C72B021D-C121-4DBF-841B-1D42B6549D96
You use rear lockers or the front too?

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
You use rear lockers or the front too?
Just 4WLo and she crawls right up. Trying to find things in the city to crawl on that will be and excuse to engage the lockers haha.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys!

I know the Wrangler is a very capable vehicle and is built for off-roading, but I'm getting a bit paranoid after reading some opinions online.

I tend to park on curbs often when I can't find a parking spot, which is quite fun, but I was wondering if this will cause any alignment or tire or other issues down the line. I'm thinking this could be the case since I have a stock Sport, and not a Rubicon.

Please advise! Hoping that the answer is I can keep doing it :rock:
Do you mean about it sitting at non-level angles for long periods of time? When I was in Alaska, if you didn't park with your wheels straight, the extreme cold could wreak havoc with the linkages. I never thought about it, but now I am!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never get that 3 mins of my life back.

At first I thought this was click bait based on the poster's 18 posts. Then I saw it was from the Middle East and thought, well it could be hard to find parking there based on my experience in India, which admittedly isn't the Middle East but you get the idea.
Then I saw the OP get all butt hurt about being called a Mall Crawler because she was female and then I saw someone actually explain how the term Mall Crawler is actually gender neutral.
Then I saw someone actually post a picture of them parking up a curb and I thought "Heck! I may have wasted 3 mins of my life reading this stupidity but I'll be darned if I'm going to pass up the opportunity to waste another 5 mins replying to the thread."
So there you have it...

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never get that 3 mins of my life back.

At first I thought this was click bait based on the poster's 18 posts. Then I saw it was from the Middle East and thought, well it could be hard to find parking there based on my experience in India, which admittedly isn't the Middle East but you get the idea.
Then I saw the OP get all butt hurt about being called a Mall Crawler because she was female and then I saw someone actually explain how the term Mall Crawler is actually gender neutral.
Then I saw someone actually post a picture of them parking up a curb and I thought "Heck! I may have wasted 3 mins of my life reading this stupidity but I'll be darned if I'm going to pass up the opportunity to waste another 5 mins replying to the thread."
So there you have it...
Be careful about OP, she could be one of these Arab princesses and next thing you know, she is demanding your apology through diplomatic channel, and you better not travel to any consulate unless you think you are saw proof.

Sponsored

Duck Dodgers

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door
Forums and the WORLD wide web. Many of us answer questions from a geographical bias.

Mostly from a US or if we think we’re globally thinking US/Canada and a little OZ thrown in.

Jeeps are sold Globally-different models or base starting points yes. Some folks drive on the right-side of the road others on the left-side. Some folks daily driven roads are more off-roading than any “mall-crawler” will ever see.

As for gender bias yup-it exists.

Then there is the “thread lag”. OP posts there’s confusion and good/bad info, some trolls. OP clears it up and the thread won’t die.

I’d now like to add my 2cents to the curb question. Id say if you park in the same spot and bang the same tire over the same 4 inch curb daily for 3,4,5,6 months. After awhile tire pressure and alignment may need addressing.

This is assuming your curb is 4 inches. I’ve seen 12 inch curbs in Asia.

Happy Wheeling.

OP
OP
Berrypunch

Berrypunch

First Name
Fats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser GXR
Forums and the WORLD wide web. Many of us answer questions from a geographical bias.

Mostly from a US or if we think we’re globally thinking US/Canada and a little OZ thrown in.

Jeeps are sold Globally-different models or base starting points yes. Some folks drive on the right-side of the road others on the left-side. Some folks daily driven roads are more off-roading than any “mall-crawler” will ever see.

As for gender bias yup-it exists.

Then there is the “thread lag”. OP posts there’s confusion and good/bad info, some trolls. OP clears it up and the thread won’t die.

I’d now like to add my 2cents to the curb question. Id say if you park in the same spot and bang the same tire over the same 4 inch curb daily for 3,4,5,6 months. After awhile tire pressure and alignment may need addressing.

This is assuming your curb is 4 inches. I’ve seen 12 inch curbs in Asia.

Happy Wheeling.
Thank you for being genuinely understanding.

Some people here really do a good job of making "others" feel unwelcome.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Thank you for being genuinely understanding.

Some people here really do a good job of making "others" feel unwelcome.
So exactly how do you park on curbs? I was always told (like an old wives tale) to always make sure that whatever side I park on that both the front and rear tires are both on the curb, as in both passenger front and rear or both driver front and rear. Never park with just one tire only on the curb. :like: Now, that may be totally inaccurate :giggle: but that's what I have always been told.
Sponsored