Sponsored

Parking brake isn’t straight

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
This is a generous angle. Looks worse from others. But if the handle wasn’t angled like this I wouldn’t be able to easily get my hand around it to pull. It has to be intentional, unless the Jeep was designed for small hand people.

BE627D2A-51F8-4AE8-931D-09182322D390.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
This is a generous angle. Looks worse from others. But if the handle wasn’t angled like this I wouldn’t be able to easily get my hand around it to pull. It has to be intentional, unless the Jeep was designed for small hand people.

BE627D2A-51F8-4AE8-931D-09182322D390.jpeg
Yours looks great! :clap:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ease of use while wearing gloves is one of the test criteria for ergonomics in designing handles, switches, etc.
This thread is a perfect representation of the " mass market" that FCA so assiduously courted.
Stop calling the Wrangler a " car", and get on with your life.

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ease of use while wearing gloves is one of the test criteria for ergonomics in designing handles, switches, etc.
This thread is a perfect representation of the " mass market" that FCA so assiduously courted.
Stop calling the Wrangler a " car", and get on with your life.
people are going to refer to the wrangler as a car out of habit. A car is a vehicle you get in to drive around with 4 wheels so it is technically a car. Now that I know my parking brake doesn’t affect anything mechanically I will now be able to get on with my life it’s not like I was hysterical about it or anything.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Technically " you are a Bipedal Primate ; doesn't " human" sound better ? "Technically " you are posting on a Jeep Forum that frowns on the use of " car " to describe a Jeep. And yes, you did sound a bit "hysterical" . ..

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Technically " you are a Bipedal Primate ; doesn't " human" sound better ? "Technically " you are posting on a Jeep Forum that frowns on the use of " car " to describe a Jeep. And yes, you did sound a bit "hysterical" . ..
I sounded hysterical? Lol. Or was I asking knowledgeable members of this forum whether it was something I should be concerned about? Where did I sound hysterical in any of my posts, I’d love to know. And yes, a wrangler IS a car. Just because you get bent out of shape and “hysterical” when people refer to it as such doesn’t mean it can’t be referred to as a car.

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I actually appreciate this thread. I never noticed the angle of the parking break handle before - now I know about it and know why!

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
It’s unfortunate the original poster on here will ask a legitimate question and get attacked by another member. This section is for people to ask questions about issues and hopefully get answers by knowledgeable people. Not get attacked because someone feels their “hobby” is being infiltrated by “outsiders” new to a vehicle. The attitude should be brought to one of many other toxic sites you can vent to on the internet, not here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s unfortunate the original poster on here will ask a legitimate question and get attacked by another member. This section is for people to ask questions about issues and hopefully get answers by knowledgeable people. Not get attacked because someone feels their “hoppy” is being infiltrated by “outsiders” new to a vehicle. The attitude should be brought to one of many other toxic sites you can vent to on the internet, not here.
Thank you! I don’t understand why this thread was reacted to so negatively or how it could set a person off. Trying to make me sound like an idiot for posting a question.

I did not post here to complain or overreact to a crooked parking brake, I wanted to know if it’s something I should get fixed. I don’t know if it’s attached to something important underneath that is off center that needs to be tweaked. I know literally nothing about how a car or Jeep works. I didn’t even know what a solid axle was until I joined this forum.

Seems like some people come here just to be rude. If they are irritated by a thread all they have to do is ignore it and they won’t have to be bothered by it at all. Seriously, just ignore the thread!

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
LMAO.. everybody is so intense over a simple question. I as well appreciate it. I never paid any attention to mine, so needless to say, thanks. I will now stare at it every time I climb in. Kinda like my weird steering column of my truck. When the wheel is center the column looks like its slanted down to the left. Then again, I am probably the only person who will ever notice it.
Sponsored