Parking brake isn’t straight

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
The parking brake on my JL isn’t straight, the front end is about a half an inch to the left, maybe an inch. I would post a picture but it is at the dealer for another issue :facepalm: I’ve had many cars and never had one where the parking brake wasn’t put on straight. Is it not a big deal?
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The parking brake on my JL isn’t straight, the front end is about a half an inch to the left, maybe an inch. I would post a picture but it is at the dealer for another issue :facepalm: I’ve had many cars and never had one where the parking brake wasn’t put on straight. Is it not a big deal?
Is it just the plastic surround or the whole handle? I'd hit them and see if they can fix it while they still have the Jeep.

What dealer are you going to in LA btw?

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Is it just the plastic surround or the whole handle? I'd hit them and see if they can fix it while they still have the Jeep.

What dealer are you going to in LA btw?
It is the entire handle. Yah I’m going to call them right now and have them look at it while it’s in. Only thing is I keep reading how inept these service techs are at the dealership so I’m worried they’ll mess something up. Not very reassuring when I see all these really young guys in the service department :(

My Jeep is currently at Premiere Chrysler in Buena Park.

EDIT: oh I see what you mean now. I believe it’s just the handle. Not positive and can’t check now since I don’t have the Jeep.

Sponsored

SilentSkut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sans Jeep.
Occupation
Analysis-Paralysis Consultant, Alternator and Starter Expert
It's normal. Enjoy your Wrangler.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Mine is the same way..... it looks off and annoys me each time I see it that way. Had my dealer look at it too. I was told they are all that way. However ever after looking at various JLs .... they all have it but some are far worse than others. Mine falls in the worse than others category. The dealers says there is nothing that can be done. Apparently it' a complete design fubar. Any engineer that designs a hand brake handle so that it is purposefully at a diagonal to the console to account for the fact they put it in the wrong place... to allow room for the hand to slip through the right side of it.....well...should be sent back to learn about design. It looks like crap. Just my opinion...I know there are many who could care less as long as it works. It does work of course ... they got that part right.

So for now...I am ignoring it. I will eventually fix it myself or have a custom one made. FCA/Jeep did a great job on the JEEP but this is about as dumb as a steering that is off center or at an angle when front wheel drive first came out. Ya it works...but why do something so dumb....just fix it.

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Mine is like that too. If it wasn’t my knuckles would hit the cup holders. I just assumed it’s suppose to be like that.

Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I never noticed it before but did look at it today. No big deal. I'm just glad to have a handle again as my 4Runner had the foot pedal parking brake. Thanks all for continuing to make my OCD seem not as bad as I thought it was.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
All that talk but no pics, guess I will have to go down to the parkade and take a look myself.:giggle:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Look at the left side of the center console. My handle is straight/parallel relative to that.

Tldr: you're looking at is wrong.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
That does not look right! The handles are straight on my two JK Unlimited's. I am looking to buy a new 2020 JL but this craftsmanship is just so poor.
Sponsored