Sponsored

Parking Brake Adjustment on 2018 Wrangler JL?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
E6C312422C4F4C70B2AC.jpg

On my 2019 Rubicon.
Thanks, I missed that plug but was looking for it towards the bottom edge of the backing plate. When I added chromoly rear shafts, I didn't see the adjuster though. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot!
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
This thread saved me a rough day. I got the console lifted and propped to discover one of the cable ends had slipped up the bracket. Returned it to it’s proper position and everything hooked up right after. No adjustment needed.

Bdf

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl wrangler unlimited sport,2016 jk wrangler
This thread saved me a rough day. I got the console lifted and propped to discover one of the cable ends had slipped up the bracket. Returned it to it’s proper position and everything hooked up right after. No adjustment needed.
My passenger side e brake line keeps popping out of the bracket under the console. I
Have removed the console 4 times and reattached and tightened. I had the rear ended off to test the tires so as not to over tighten. I am at a loss

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
My passenger side e brake line keeps popping out of the bracket under the console. I
Have removed the console 4 times and reattached and tightened. I had the rear ended off to test the tires so as not to over tighten. I am at a loss
Is it popping out of this bracket or the back of the brake rotor?
Jeep Wrangler JL Parking Brake Adjustment on 2018 Wrangler JL? 57D6BE73-BA63-4D15-B9A3-F4CE7D3C2EDE

Either way, I think that means you need to tighten the cables up, you’re too loose. Mine just slipped up to half way between the correct position shown here and the hole that allows total removal.

Bdf

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it popping out of this bracket or the back of the brake rotor?
Jeep Wrangler JL Parking Brake Adjustment on 2018 Wrangler JL? 57D6BE73-BA63-4D15-B9A3-F4CE7D3C2EDE

Either way, I think that means you need to tighten the cables up, you’re too loose. Mine just slipped up to half way between the correct position shown here and the hole that allows total removal.
I’ve tightened them a few times to the point at which I believe it starts to engage the break

AA0C6C66-2EF1-49FE-914C-FBB7427F6AF8.jpeg

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I’ve tightened them a few times to the point at which I believe it starts to engage the break

Jeep Wrangler JL Parking Brake Adjustment on 2018 Wrangler JL? AA0C6C66-2EF1-49FE-914C-FBB7427F6AF8
Are you able to get a helper to engage and disengage the parking brake to verify both sides are working after you hook it up? Observe at the back of the rotor. It seems like tension never develops on the right side, which is how it slips and pops out. If you don’t see the right side engaging, something is wrong in the cable.
I am NOT knowledgeable at this, I’m just trying to come up with ideas.

Bdf

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to get a helper to engage and disengage the parking brake to verify both sides are working after you hook it up? Observe at the back of the rotor. It seems like tension never develops on the right side, which is how it slips and pops out. If you don’t see the right side engaging, something is wrong in the cable.
I am NOT knowledgeable at this, I’m just trying to come up with ideas.

Bdf

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it’s a bad cable on passenger side. Will replace snd update
Sponsored