Sponsored

Parked Next to a new Bronco Sport

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yeah I knew that. But wasn't blown away. Will see what the Bronco looks like in real life.
Why would you be blown away? Are you blown away by Renegades and Cherokees? Did you base your decision to buy a Wrangler on those vehicles?
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
12 years is pretty long ago, longer than they even owned them for.
It’s all perspective. 12 years for some is not long ago, for others it is ancient history. Guess it depends on your age.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It’s all perspective. 12 years for some is not long ago, for others it is ancient history. Guess it depends on your age.
Let me rephrase - I don't see how an 8 year ownership, that ended over 12 years ago, would influence this brand new design.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Well I always figured I would get my kids a renegade for a first car but I'm really digging the sport; it isn't "cutsie" like the renegade. To me it looks like a real vehicle, if that makes any sense. I'm not a Ford or FCA fanboy , I just like what I like.

I'd love to put my daughter in a Wrangler but I'm solidly convinced that is a tough choice for a first vehicle.

Sponsored

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have also seen the Bronco Sport out and about. To be honest it almost looks like a 2nd generation/redesigned Ford Flex.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Ah good ANOTHER *&^%$#% Bronco thread on the forum. Heck now it's not even about the regular Bronco yet to be released, now it's about the Bronco Sport which has NOTHING in comparison with our Jeeps other than it has 4 wheels that roll on the ground.
I'm heading over to the Bronco forum to talk about Jeeps. Bye Felicias...

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Bronco Sport is typical Ford. The cheapest, most plastic, most bland interior they could penny-pinch to achieve with an unreliable POS EcoBust engine under the hood and mediocre exterior appearance. A guy could recognize that as a Ford product from 500 yards away.

I did see a real Bronco on the streets outside of Detroit a few weeks ago and it looked much nicer, but the number of ideas they copied directly from the Wrangler is disappointing. Even the way the roof panels latch is the same.

Sponsored

joec63

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's 2 Door
The Bronco Sport is typical Ford. The cheapest, most plastic, most bland interior they could penny-pinch to achieve with an unreliable POS EcoBust engine under the hood and mediocre exterior appearance. A guy could recognize that as a Ford product from 500 yards away.

I did see a real Bronco on the streets outside of Detroit a few weeks ago and it looked much nicer, but the number of ideas they copied directly from the Wrangler is disappointing. Even the way the roof panels latch is the same.
Tell us how you really feel. I have a Mustang GT and it's a fine car. Being an engineer why would you change something that obviously works and a vendor already has a solution. Jeep has those supplied by a third party, just as Ford will. I wouldn't doubt the same vendor.

OP
OP
captainstabbins

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Why would you be blown away? Are you blown away by Renegades and Cherokees? Did you base your decision to buy a Wrangler on those vehicles?
Who pissed in your cheerios?? Should I check in with you for all my thoughts?? Or are people to make their own assessments and not have people get all cunty on them. Since you seem to lack reading comprehension, I was not blown away by the Bronco sport. What that means is all the hype in the media I was expecting more. That is all. Hope now that I cleared it up I can have my own thoughts and not have to cowtow to your idiotic statements.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
There's a bunch of them queued up at a local Ford dealer I run by on occasion. I've seen them but never stopped my run to actually look. They look like a nice little SUV. I'm sure I'll stop to take a better look at the regular Bronco however.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T