Sponsored

Park assist problem

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2018 jlur with Park assist. Park assist will sometimes error and not work. Backup camera and lines work fine. Happens upon start up, light on park assist disable button will come on without pressing it and error screen with service soon shows in display. Next startup, problem is gone. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
2018 jlur with Park assist. Park assist will sometimes error and not work. Backup camera and lines work fine. Happens upon start up, light on park assist disable button will come on without pressing it and error screen with service soon shows in display. Next startup, problem is gone. Anyone else have this issue?
have you have any of your doors off recently?

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No, but I did rotate and reconnect the connectors to get the door straps to keep them from touching my leg. Why would this make the rear sensors not work right?
BTW, blind spot sensors and light still work in the mirrors when the park sense error occurs. Does this mean the problem could be only with the center sensors in the rear bumper?

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
No, but I did rotate and reconnect the connectors to get the door straps to keep them from touching my leg. Why would this make the rear sensors not work right?
BTW, blind spot sensors and light still work in the mirrors when the park sense error occurs. Does this mean the problem could be only with the center sensors in the rear bumper?
You may rotated them how much? Sounds like maybe you need to double check the connections and be sure you didn’t damaged or have a wire back out of the harness/terminal. This is because The BCM
monitors both front door Ajar Switch Sense circuits to determine the state of the doorS and if the systems should be enabled/disable. In short terms the bcm could “possibly” be thinking that the door is removed. Especially if there’s an issue at any of the harnesses.
Sponsored