Parellel Popping

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I have this popping sound, it happens most when parallel parking. It happens a lot of other times too. I can't find it, I have had 2 shops look for it and they can't find anything either. its going back in this week because there is some kind of microphone that can help narrow down where it is coming from.
I have replaced all the steering components and the ball joints have been checked and are fine. it seems like it is coming from the front pass side axle area, maybe the CAD, and I can feel it in the steering wheel and the pedals, mainly brake. here are some videos of the sound happening. anyone have this problem? It's the 2.0 engine. with mopar lift, teraflex IR front lower control arms, and 37" tires.

pops at 7 sec and 13 sec.

pops at 2 sec 15 sec and 20 sec.
Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How long have you had your upgraded steering components? Recommend torquing all the bolts and try it again. I’ve seen where folks have not used a torque wrench on the front UCAs (not tightened enough) and It makes similar sounds.

OP
OP
jabtyler

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
had them a while, I had everything re torqued twice and its all to spec.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
had them a while, I had everything re torqued twice and its all to spec.
I had the same popping sound before when I turned my steering wheel, turned out to be a faulty Teraflex IR track bar. What track bar are you using?

OP
OP
jabtyler

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I had a teraflex but it was popping so now Im on a rubicon express but it has a bad bushing so it is getting swapped for a synergy as soon as synergy and 4wp are back on speaking terms.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have this popping sound, it happens most when parallel parking. It happens a lot of other times too. I can't find it, I have had 2 shops look for it and they can't find anything either. its going back in this week because there is some kind of microphone that can help narrow down where it is coming from.
I have replaced all the steering components and the ball joints have been checked and are fine. it seems like it is coming from the front pass side axle area, maybe the CAD, and I can feel it in the steering wheel and the pedals, mainly brake. here are some videos of the sound happening. anyone have this problem? It's the 2.0 engine. with mopar lift, teraflex IR front lower control arms, and 37" tires.

pops at 7 sec and 13 sec.

pops at 2 sec 15 sec and 20 sec.
Hi Adam,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please send our team a private message. We would be happy to add additional support to your dealer visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored