Paramount and Rugged Ridge Bumpers

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Been researching bumpers preparing for my new JL. One absolute requirement I have is for something with a finish that holds up well on salty winter roads. When I got my JK, the bumpers went from brand new looking to absolute crap in one winter. I replaced them with SmittyBilt XRC Gen2s which held up pretty well.

I may get the XRC Gen2s again, but found a couple others that intrigued me. Wondering if anyone has experience with the Paramount Automotive Guardian bumper or the Rugged Ridge Venator bumpers. Looks like they both have 5 year warrantees on the finish.

Does their powder coating hold up well in salty winter conditions? Any other feedback, positive or negative on either of these?
Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
I can tell you I looked at Paramount and decided to ditch that idea after discovering my coworker's JK Rubi had one on the front. Kinda hard to describe the coating/finish politely but let's just say it looked like an old 60's submarine that had been left in disrepair at the dock for about 30 years. Can't comment on the Venator but I've heard good things about it. I personally went with EAG and expected to be getting it refinished almost immediately. I was actually very impressed with it coming out of the box. The packaging was pretty epic for something that isn't built in the US (beyond tons of high quality foam and a shit ton of packing wrap, literally formed thick rubber end caps specifically made for different points and the shackle mounts). So far it's held up on the trails in the San Juans and multiple rain storms. Not bad for just over $400 shipped.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You might want to look into aluminum bumpers then. Their price is a little higher but aluminum doesn't rust and it's lighter. They're still steel where it matters (tow hooks & winch plate) covered in an aluminum skin for protection.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I'm not sure on the Venator, but my RR HD full width would not clear stuffed 35s. Be worth looking into before pulling the trigger.
Sponsored