Sponsored

Paint rubbing off top of tailgate (where it meets rubber at bottom of rear window) - HELP!

AnonCanadian

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL 4XE Sahara Unlimited
Hi guys,

So the paint is rubbing off the top of my tailgate (where the tailgate meets the rubber at the bottom of the rear window). I posted on this earlier, and it's progressed - from corners originally to all the way down, and now through the primer to bare metal in some spaces.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any hope warranty will cover it?

Showed it to dealer at 13,000KM and was told they could submit a warranty claim but would wait to see if it got worse (well.. it did!) and now we have 40,000KM. Around 15 months since we bought it originally.

If they do fix it, anything I could do to prevent it coming back? Body shop when I first had it looked at said that they could probably just repair that top line and not have to repaint the entire tailgate. IT's on the inside of the tailgate (not direct top) if that matters.

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4XE PX8 Black
Sponsored

OP
OP

AnonCanadian

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL 4XE Sahara Unlimited

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
After it’s painted, use a clear door edge guard, you can find it on Amazon. I use it on the rocker panels under the front doors, keeps the paint from getting scratched etc.
Sponsored