Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I am looking at possibly doing a matte wrap. I am not all familiar with the correct wraps to achieve that effect. What do you recommend?
Are you talking in terms of changing the complete colour of the car to a different colour in Matte or just applying a matte paint protection film on top of the factory colour to make it matte?
Sponsored

Johnjohn

First Name
Stevens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
I would like to do a olive drab color, military style matte but I’m open to also just a matte paint protection film too.

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I would like to do a olive drab color, military style matte but I’m open to also just a matte paint protection film too.
Looks like you would be after vinyl wrap and not paint protection film wrap. There should be plenty of shops over in your area that offer this service for you =)

Abheer madhok

First Name
Abheer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.0 Petrol
So I ended up installing the windscreen film yesterday on my car, here is some of the progress shots.

First film is cut roughly to size
2019-10-11 12.04.24.jpg

Film is trimmed to windscreen size and slip solution squeegeed out (looks hazy as there is a top layer protection film you pull off as a final step)
2019-10-11 12.29.06.jpg

Looking nice and clear
2019-10-11 12.31.04.jpg

Iooks super clear from inside as well (there is some small moisture under the film still, but just like window tint / car paint protection film, this all disappears after a few days)
2019-10-11 12.40.25.jpg

I drove around in heavy rain today and the film is also hydrophobic meaning water beads right off the window while driving and i found i didnt have to use my wipers no where near as much.

Im going to test this over a month or two and if it holds up, i'll create a perfect template of the windscreen and cut them out by computer. If it works out and people are interested, I'll work out some pricing for it.

View attachment 237700
Hey! What quality is the PPF? And can you re share the pdf file, attachment? Would like to try it on my JL
Sponsored