• Total voters

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Yah. He had to buy new rivets since they are one time use.
Do you have an idea as to how difficult the fender is to remove?
Thanks
Sponsored

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have an idea as to how difficult the fender is to remove?
Thanks
I didn't actually do it myself. But you need a rivet tool remover. I don't think it's to difficult. You just need to have the new rivets to put it back on.

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. I have been reviewing ppl alternatives and was checking out my front fender just a bit ago and it seems to be fully wrapped. I know the rear has a strip of ppl on the front portion only, but not of my front fenders seem fully wrapped. Maybe just the Rubicon, maybe not. Could I get someone to take a look at theirs?
Many thanks

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What makes you think your fenders are fully wrapped?
What makes you think your fenders are fully wrapped?
Close inspection shows the line of the ppf. Itā€™s not as appearant as the strip on the back fender, but itā€™s there...or else Iā€™m way off. I had it applied to my previous Jeep and to the DD years ago so Iā€™m pretty sure of what Iā€™m seeing, but not above mistake.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I believe what you are seeing is the mold line of the fenders, not PPF.

If you look at the rear a little closer, you will see those same mold lines.

Can you post pics? I am pretty sure that is what it will be as they do not come from the factory with PPF on them.

Last edited:

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe what you are seeing is the mold line of the fenders, not PPF.

If you look at the rear a little closer, you will see those same mold lines.

Can you post pics? I am pretty sure that is what it will be as they do not come from the factory with PPF on them.
Youā€™re correct. Thatā€™s exactly what it is. Thanks for checking.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
I was hoping I might be able to leverage the collective wisdom here for some advice on PPF pricing.

Iā€™ve been soliciting bids to have my new 2 door rubicon wrapped in either a Suntek or Xpel PF film. Specially, I want to get the grill, full hood, front and rear fenders wrapped.

Does anybody have an good estimate of what is a fair price to pay from a quality installer I donā€™t want to go to somebody just because theyā€™re cheap - I want a good job.

Any advice on what I should expect to pay would be much appreciated.

Michael

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping I might be able to leverage the collective wisdom here for some advice on PPF pricing.

Iā€™ve been soliciting bids to have my new 2 door rubicon wrapped in either a Suntek or Xpel PF film. Specially, I want to get the grill, full hood, front and rear fenders wrapped.

Does anybody have an good estimate of what is a fair price to pay from a quality installer I donā€™t want to go to somebody just because theyā€™re cheap - I want a good job.

Michael
I checked on the grill, front fenders and hood. Price was @$1500. I also want to get the front pillar. Iā€™ve opted to order pre cut from Clear Mask. Covering everything except the doors and rear quarter panels. Probably will do the doors when they have the pre cuts available. They offer Suntek, 3m and llumar. I might regret it, but think itā€™s dosble with a little study and some knowledge. They provide video and instructions. Check out some of the videos online if youā€™re interested. The savings are substantial, but for me I like the challenge of doing something myself.

Materials arrive Monday so Iā€™ll work on it next week. Iā€™ll post after I install. Iā€™ve already done the door hinges and door sills.

Good luck. Xpel and others will provide dealers/installers in your area.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M

Michael
I think itā€™s going to vary drastically based on where you live. I got my entire Jeep wrapped in Xpel Stealth and it was $6k. A good installer is key. Mine was recommended by Michael at Xpel (heā€™s on this forum). I think they did a great job. We found a couple of bubbles a few weeks later and they took care of it and are replacing one of the fender wraps.
Itā€™s definitely not an easy task to do on your own.
I would call a few shops to get some comparative pricing in your area. Good luck!

Sponsored

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked on the grill, front fenders and hood. Price was @$1500. I also want to get the front pillar. Iā€™ve opted to order pre cut from Clear Mask. Covering everything except the doors and rear quarter panels. Probably will do the doors when they have the pre cuts available. They offer Suntek, 3m and llumar. I might regret it, but think itā€™s dosble with a little study and some knowledge. They provide video and instructions. Check out some of the videos online if youā€™re interested. The savings are substantial, but for me I like the challenge of doing something myself.

Materials arrive Monday so Iā€™ll work on it next week. Iā€™ll post after I install. Iā€™ve already done the door hinges and door sills.

Good luck. Xpel and others will provide dealers/installers in your area.
We must be in a similar market. Most of my quotes have been between $1500-1800 for the grill, hood, front and rear fenders. Itā€™s arouns $200 more to do the rocker panels, and another $500 to add both doors. I am leaning toward doing all these - price would be around $2400 (plus tax) for the entire front and sides below the windows. I am leaning towards the Suntek film as the installer I feel most comfortable with prefers this film to others. While I am okay with several of the better films, I agree with others in the importance of the installer and 3M or Suntek are the only options at my first choice (he was a former Xpel shop but abandoned the line due to not being reimbursed in the past for warranty claims).

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We must be in a similar market. Most of my quotes have been between $1500-1800 for the grill, hood, front and rear fenders. Itā€™s arouns $200 more to do the rocker panels, and another $500 to add both doors. I am leaning toward doing all these - price would be around $2400 (plus tax) for the entire front and sides below the windows. I am leaning towards the Suntek film as the installer I feel most comfortable with prefers this film to others. While I am okay with several of the better films, I agree with others in the importance of the installer and 3M or Suntek are the only options at my first choice (he was a former Xpel shop but abandoned the line due to not being reimbursed in the past for warranty claims).
Iā€™ll let you know it goes. I got the ppf in this afternoon and will install tomorrow.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ll let you know it goes. I got the ppf in this afternoon and will install tomorrow.
Good luck. I am interested to hear how it went.

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck. I am interested to hear how it went.
It didnā€™t go well. I started with the grill and had too many bubbles that would not go away. So, I said ā€˜thatā€™s enoughā€™ and am taking it to the guy who did my Lexus and JK.
Oh well. I thought I could do it, but realized that Iā€™d only be happy if it was perfect and I wasnā€™t going to be close.

Good luck

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
A good high temp wax once every 6 months will do the same as anything else and it only cost you time.
High temp wax of a good quality will be easy to install and to remove. Complete vehicle 2 hours. Cost $20 again do not BUFF your vehicle unless you know how.

High temp wax work extremely well in Texas high heat areas. Cant speak about cold. I use it on my Tesla Model X works awesome

3M is the best but comes at a PRICE.
Sponsored