Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
My XPEL technician suggested to have the hood decal removed before applying the film. He personally thinks it’s going to create an overlap and bubble look which is going to be clearly visible.

I’m planning to get mine removed, and maybe later put a new one on top of the film. Also, he quoted me $1700 (for grill,a-pillar,full fenders and custom cut full hood).
Off of tmakaro’s experience I went over it. Looks good. He has a pic of the rubicon decal after. Plus I don’t have to worry about the matte decal anymore. I had matte decals on my previous charger and it was a pain to maintain. They scratch easy and smudge easy.
Sponsored

Apoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (Ordered)
Off of tmakaro’s experience I went over it. Looks good. He has a pic of the rubicon decal after. Plus I don’t have to worry about the matte decal anymore. I had matte decals on my previous charger and it was a pain to maintain. They scratch easy and smudge easy.
How about the emblems? Did they cut around?

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
The best thing to do is to remove them. The more breakdown required usually means more $$. For mine he just cut around them. I got a killer deal so I didn't complain... The cuts were fluid and it looks good.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The guy that did mine machine cut the jeep emblems using a computer pattern. I thought it looked fine.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
So much money spent. Do you guys plan on keeping these forever. I did do PPF on my Audi, but not sure I’ll do it on my JLUR. I understand about wanting to protect the paint, but if life changes happen you don’t get any return on investment if for some reason the Jeep gets sold or traded in.

However I did like the pics of a full matte wrap done a black and black Jeep. Not sure how a full matte wrap would look on a firecracker red. I think that would be a worthwhile investment as is changes the entire look, protects everything, and for the money spent you get a unique look not many others if any have.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So much money spent. Do you guys plan on keeping these forever. I did do PPF on my Audi, but not sure I’ll do it on my JLUR. I understand about wanting to protect the paint, but if life changes happen you don’t get any return on investment if for some reason the Jeep gets sold or traded in.

However I did like the pics of a full matte wrap done a black and black Jeep. Not sure how a full matte wrap would look on a firecracker red. I think that would be a worthwhile investment as is changes the entire look, protects everything, and for the money spent you get a unique look not many others if any have.
I actually do plan on keeping it forever.

mobilejay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion CB '09, Focus RS '16, Lexus NXT 15'
@aCeMedic13 yoir Jeep looks fantastic. As you know since this isn’t your first visit, Jay is awesome and very skilled when it comes to PPF/Detailing.

For everyone else asking about pricing don’t expect to get the same prices from everyone. There are MANY installers around and some are good, some are exceptional and then you have the guys doing a full front for 500$ that don’t know what they’re doing. This is an art form that takes YEARS to master. Same goes for detailers doing ceramic coatings. There are lots of coatings on the market that are just a fancy name and then there are the real ones where the detailers are looked at closely by the coating companies to make sure they have very professional installers that know what they are doing. Too many cars have hacked up paint due to everyone buying these coatings and thinking they are pros. Do your research! Ceramic coating details with paint correction can be anywhere from $1k-3k+ and ppf jobs can go from $2k-6k+ depending on the car, installer and how much you are covering.

RialbSelur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I just got quoted $5.5K for a complete PPF install, using XPEL Stealth. Looking to do a JL Sahara with the Black 3-Piece Hard Top, so not the entire vehicle. That's a lot of cheddar!

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
I just got quoted $5.5K for a complete PPF install, using XPEL Stealth. Looking to do a JL Sahara with the Black 3-Piece Hard Top, so not the entire vehicle. That's a lot of cheddar!
Stealth on a wrangler is hard to justify. I have yet to see anyone pull off putting it on the hinges. You could probably do a matte wrap for 1/2. Stealth makes the most sense on things like an already matte finish (all or partial) or especially on a matte carbon piece.

Sponsored

mobilejay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion CB '09, Focus RS '16, Lexus NXT 15'
Yeah it’s quite a bit but the installers that know what they’re doing charge for it. Once it’s done you won’t regret it. After I had my car fully wrapped it was an entirely new driving experience. I didn’t have to worry about the paint again, I could drive anywhere, park anywhere and just enjoy driving the car. I can’t imagine buying another car and not having it fully wrapped.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hey did any of you guys apply ceramic coating to the black plastic fender flares or roof?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey did any of you guys apply ceramic coating to the black plastic fender flares or roof?
No. I think that would turn them glossy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR