Paint issue?

Yaserik

First Name
Timothi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have had my white JL a little over a month now and I am noticing some yellowing of the paint like this on the grill is that happening to anyone else or just my luck
Sponsored

Last edited:

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I do not own a white jl but it seems to me i read that a few people did post on this issue in this forum somewhere.....

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have had my white JL a little over a month now and I am noticing some yellowing of the paint on the grill is that happening to anyone else or just my luck
Nope it has been a problem. But I thought it was fixed? Take it to your dealer for a replacement. Good luck:like:

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rille-turning-yellow.6394/page-30#post-796115

Not extremely common but it's happening. Just had mine replaced (March 2019 build) but it was a fight. My grille was yellowing with only a 1000 miles but I decided to hold off for another 5000 so it would get worse, therefore more noticeable. My dealership was hesitant to even try because they hadn't seen it before, thought it was a chemical stain from my doing, my service advisor has a 2018 white JLU and his isn't yellow, and in some lighting it was hard to see the yellow. I don't blame them, but just be respectful and polite. In the end, since Jeepcares had dealt with this before, I ended up reaching out to them and they were able to get it replaced for me. It's something to do with the clear coat yellowing which I've seen before on cars that have been repainted, like hot rods. It's like they don't have enough UV protection mixed in the paint. I'd be willing to bet other colors are yellowing but you can't tell because of the color difference.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Like Greyfox mentioned this had been a big problem for the earlier JLs. See forum history. There’s pages on it. I thought it had been fixed but apparently no. Good luck!
Sponsored