PAC audio & JL audio fix 86 static issue

Lscardsfan

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am desperately looking for guidance. I cannot figure this static/hum out.
First setup:
7” screen, alpine type-r’s 6.5’s in lower kick panel with Metra pods, soundbar with ssv adaptors, infinity kappa dash 3.5’s, jbl stadium 5 amp, JL audio truck 10” tw3.
Power wire runs from battery through engine bay wire trough, driver side firewall grommet to back of Jeep with amp. Ground wire to factory ground location rear driver quarter panel.
pac audio ap4ch41r2 dip 4 on for non amp system, rca’s connected and ran to amp on passenger side. All new speaker wire from amp to each speaker.
This setup resulted in static. Replaced rca’s and ran them loose to test. Had pac audio send 3 new ones with same result.

second setup
Swapped Pac for fix 86. For fix86 wiring I Ran power and ground straight from battery, remote from cig lighter. Used 4 resistors for speaker inputs. Calibrated with all 4 lights green.
Resulted in static/hum

things I’ve tried:
With car off there is minimal static/hum. I checked ohms with multimeter from amp to ground point and it’s .7-.8. As soon as you plug in the rca’s the static amplified and gets worse if you turn up amp gain.
When you go to play music until you reach volume 11 the 2 lights on left of fix 86 show amber while the 2 on the right show green. At volume 11 and above all four are green.

I really don’t know what else to try.The only other things I think it could be is the factory head unit sending terrible signal that the fix86 can’t “clean” or my new amp is defective.

please help! I am urgently trying to fix as the car is apart and trying to manage only having 1 car is not good!
Sponsored

Mspear71

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport S
1. Are your RCA's running next to your power wire from the battery? This can cause hum, run them separately. An easy check is to plug in a new set of RCA's from amp to head unit (lay over the carpet), if no hum that is your issue.

2. Sand paint where the ground is to make sure it is on bare metal.

3. Run ground to battery terminal
Sponsored