Sponsored

PA Jeepers Be Warned - You can get fined!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Yep that’s LA. That means as much to me as the Philadelphia crime means to you. I live in the Bucks county of Los Angeles. You live in Bucks County pa right ? well this is what’s happening in Philadelphia. So how does that affect you? All Major liberal city’s are pits. Philadelphia is a sanctuary city just like Los Angeles. Look it up.

5B351DC8-CF91-4D9E-8374-E32CDEBD3625.jpeg

84C0FAB0-5E98-4DD3-9496-DB03F224EE34.jpeg
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I realize you probably have never been out of Pennsylvania , but your picture doesn’t actually capture the whole beautiful west.
But please think of it that way ! don’t come here ! it’s terrible, the worst place ever !
we don’t need any more people, were all full up.
This will be my last post in the Pennsylvania thread I don’t know how I ended up here anyways.lol

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I have driven through PA 34 and a half million times, I know a few NJ, PA and Mass LEOs.

They all agree, if they see a doorless jeep and the driver took the time to put mirrors on, they won't bother them.

If they see some asshat with doors off and didn't bother to put mirrors on, then they say...JFC look at this asshole.

Pretty sure it is illegal everywhere to drive without side mirrors.
and I think that is the real issue, PA law is just worded wrong.

I will sign a petition to change the verbal law to, if your doors are off you better have mirrors installed.
Actually, in PA, you only need 1 unobstructed rearview mirror: https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.68.html

Every state has slightly different mirror laws/requirements.

The code about the doors is here: https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.77.html

"Specific" to the type of door and it's functionality.
Indiana has the same rule, I checked. As long as you have a non obstructed rear view mirror, you do not need side mirrors.

But, Indiana is one of the rugged 19 that don't require a front license plate. They don't even issue a front plate at all. Helps make the front of my cars look nice and clean. :)

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Any updates on anything, guys?

I check the legislature website every few weeks, but it seems like interest has really dropped off a cliff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeeLDub

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I've been wondering the same, just reached out for an update, she usually gets back to me within a day.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reach out to your local representative and let them know your concern. Now is the time to get active.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Until this ridiculous law can be repealed, I demand Jeep history and tradition take precedent and Dukes of Hazzard rules apply. If our doorless Jeeps can out run the cops and make it into NJ/NY/DE/MD/WV/OH we should be free of any punishment.

P.S. give it up for Flash! Best crime fighting hound ever!

0acc54b8d97fe0256d0344ff6bf33fae.jpg

james-best-510x600.jpg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
is it still a risk for out of state folk to drive doorless in PA? I have a trip coming up. i am too lazy to put the doors back on as it is still nice out. might have to take the other car if thats the case.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
is it still a risk for out of state folk to drive doorless in PA? I have a trip coming up. i am too lazy to put the doors back on as it is still nice out. might have to take the other car if thats the case.
No issues in Bucks County this year, but experiences vary greatly locale to locale. Where will you be traveling?

Reactions: omg

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeeLDub

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
No risk at all. PA can not enforce PA vehicle requirements on out-of-state vehicles. That would be like them pulling you over for no inspection or emissions, which many states just do not have. All clear!

Worst case, they pull you over before realizing you are out-of-state, then just brush it all off. But that is highly unlikely since even PA Jeeps are not getting pulled over all that often.

Reactions: omg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No risk at all. PA can not enforce PA vehicle requirements on out-of-state vehicles. That would be like them pulling you over for no inspection or emissions, which many states just do not have. All clear!

Worst case, they pull you over before realizing you are out-of-state, then just brush it all off. But that is highly unlikely since even PA Jeeps are not getting pulled over all that often.
thanks, that was helpful.
Sponsored