Sponsored

PA easy off road trail for kids

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
I grew up off roading in the anza-borrego desert. Was nice that dad could just drive us onto a dirt road for a few hours. I'd like to do the same with my kids (I realize that was a different era and location thus my request may not be realistic). I'd rather not pay a couple hundred dollars for an annual pass for my family to go to an off road park if there's a simple trail nearby. My girls don't need rock crawling, they just want a bumpy road that leads to a picnic lunch and some games.

Before I get flamed, yes, I understand off road parks have to charge in order to pay for all that goes into running a park - I'm not bashing them at all. And, yes I understand many don't know why someone would buy a jeep and not take it to an off road park. I'm buying a jeep for a fun family convertible and light trail use if possible. Not interested in 37s and a winch. Nothing against those with them. I'm just wondering if there's some common easy trails I can take the girls on in the Reading, PA area.
Sponsored

jarvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Manual, 12 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
You don’t mention how old your kids are, but AOAA has decent multi use trails. I’ve been there with my Yamaha Raptor and saw some Subaru’s And a lot of Jeeps on the trails

http://www.aoaatrails.com/

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Your not far from Rausch Creek OffRoad Park they have all levels of trails very easy to extreme .. I am going down April 13th doing a 101 group

gkrash

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Have any of you seen motorcycles on any of these trails? - I have a BMW R1200GSA that I'd love to get offroad more - I've built and ridden motorcycles for ~20 years but I've not done a lot of offroading (but that GS should be able to handle quite a bit of it)

I'll also have my first Wrangler (2019 JLUS) within the next few weeks here and it'd be fun to take the kiddos to do some light offroading, will definitely check some of these places out, thanks for the info!

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Have any of you seen motorcycles on any of these trails? - I have a BMW R1200GSA that I'd love to get offroad more - I've built and ridden motorcycles for ~20 years but I've not done a lot of offroading (but that GS should be able to handle quite a bit of it)

I'll also have my first Wrangler (2019 JLUS) within the next few weeks here and it'd be fun to take the kiddos to do some light offroading, will definitely check some of these places out, thanks for the info!
Rausch Creek OffRoad Park is Jeep/Truck only (I believe Tube chassis are also welcome)
AOAA is open to all. Bike/UTV/Jeep (and its about half the price of Rausch) some trails are restricted to a type so need to watch markers or you could find yourself in a spot

I have a Pass to AOAA and make the trip at least once a month if you want to get the new jeep out let me know. I try to keep it to Green/Blues still building the jeep. I do make it out to Rausch Creek at least once a year (this year will be with Topless for Tatas).

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rausch Creek OffRoad Park is Jeep/Truck only (I believe Tube chassis are also welcome)
AOAA is open to all. Bike/UTV/Jeep (and its about half the price of Rausch) some trails are restricted to a type so need to watch markers or you could find yourself in a spot

I have a Pass to AOAA and make the trip at least once a month if you want to get the new jeep out let me know. I try to keep it to Green/Blues still building the jeep. I do make it out to Rausch Creek at least once a year (this year will be with Topless for Tatas).
What group are you running for Tata's

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Reactions: aai

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bald Eagle State Forest has some trails and it's only a couple of hours west of your location. Great scenery and camping.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Your not far from Rausch Creek OffRoad Park they have all levels of trails very easy to extreme .. I am going down April 13th doing a 101 group
We are headed to PA this weekend to visit family and RC is only an hour or so away. We've got a Sahara with open diffs, 2" lift, 33s, winch and frame mounted rock sliders. We know there are three badge trails there. Could you shed any light on the park as to the condition of the trails and your general thoughts?

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We are headed to PA this weekend to visit family and RC is only an hour or so away. We've got a Sahara with open diffs, 2" lift, 33s, winch and frame mounted rock sliders. We know there are three badge trails there. Could you shed any light on the park as to the condition of the trails and your general thoughts?
Trail 11 badge for sure... Crawler Ridge if you have a guide that has been through it , then yes.. Crawl Daddy.. I would pass on that one .. Other then that stay with the Greens you will be fine

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Trail 11 badge for sure... Crawler Ridge if you have a guide that has been through it , then yes.. Crawl Daddy.. I would pass on that one .. Other then that stay with the Greens you will be fine
Thanks!
BTW, the web page says you can't go alone on the trails. I am assuming they mean you need to ride with at least one other Jeep. Is this true or do they not check?

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks!
BTW, the web page says you can't go alone on the trails. I am assuming they mean you need to ride with at least one other Jeep. Is this true or do they not check?
Yes, at least two vehicles