PA Dealer says they cannot order 392 Due to Carb Restrictions **NO POLITICS**

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
I have been trying to order a 2024 392 in Pennsylvania from my regular dealer. A couple of weeks ago, when I originally tried to place the order, they said they could not. I posted here and was told that the electric top is on restriction and may come off in the future. It made sense. I checked again recently, and I was told the dealer could not select the 392 package as it was greyed out. I was told it was the MFG who limits allocations to CARB states, and they are looking into the matter. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

EuroSVT

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2023 Wrangler Sport
Multiple 392's at dealers in the Pittsburgh area

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Dealers in CARB states can't order ICE-only Jeeps for lot inventory, but should be able to take direct orders for customers. Maybe they changed that.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I live in NJ which is a carb state as well. I ordered from Koons got a great price and this came home with me 6 weeks ago:
Jeep Wrangler JL PA Dealer says they cannot order 392 Due to Carb Restrictions **NO POLITICS** 20240311_144646

Process was simple and painless.

hope that helps

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
NY here - also a carb state.
My dealer doesn’t get ICE vehicles for lot inventory but will gladly order one for you. I’ve done it three times now.
Sounds like your dealer is either confused, doesn’t care or is trying to get you to settle for something on his lot.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Dealers in CARB states can't order ICE-only Jeeps for lot inventory, but should be able to take direct orders for customers. Maybe they changed that.
This, and afaik nothing's changed. Also, this is solely a voluntary Jeep/Stellantis policy and nothing currently enacted under state law at the moment. PA is currently CARB-compliant under previous standards, but any future changes are not automatically adopted and requires review and approval by state lawmakers.

My county still doesn't even require emissions testing for state inspection like most of the other counties, so I'd be willing to bet that either your dealer is full of shit or Jeep/Stellantis is again making further unneeded restrictions beyond what dealer's can and cannot stock on their lots (which initially was supposed to have no impact on what a customer could factory-order).

If they don't want your business, just buy from one of the many high-volume dealers in VA/MD and get a better price to boot.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Allocations for the “final edition” announced based on prior sales numbers. A shady dealer used the “allocation” excuse in 21 to not deliver my ordered 392 at MSRP when I wouldn’t agree to a later $5K over. The last 392 the local could get they slapped $20K over on and got it according to the service writer who also says the long line of 4xe’s is not selling better than when they inventoried 2 or 3 and the rest were ICE in all trims. In related news Wrangler sales are down….. if truly based on allocation some may need to travel .

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I’ve bought three from Koons including my 392. Short road trip from Pennsyltucky.

jax501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLR
Get a quote from Koons; I think they are $9,000 under MSRPs on 392 orders right now.
Look for their contact info in this forum.

I ordered and took delivery from Koons. I’m out of state and it was a good experience for me, worth the drive for the savings and hassle free buying experience.

OP
OP

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Thanks for all the info. I bought my 21 392 from them, and they were always fair. I don't think they are trying to screw me over, but confused. I can see that. I was just not sure if it was something the MFG was doing since everyone is hybrid/electric happy and these are not that.

Ace14

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 4xe Rubicon, 2021 Trackhawk, 2003 Rubicon
Lots of false info here.

Since January of 2024 CARB State dealers CAN NOT order 392s but they can order non hybrid jeeps. If you want to buy one in a carb state since Jan you need to get one from an in stock unit.

I tried ordering one from my local guy here in NY who I used for everything and they were unable to. I spoke to a contact I have a Jeep and they confirmed that the dealers are correct. I ended up ordering from Koons and expect it to arrive in May/June.

Also i was told from the same source that 392 ordering in general will be closed by end of this month, I am assuming the final edition will remain open for a bit....

Tupi77

First Name
Celso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Wyllis Sport DIESEL
Can’t stand this pushing down the throat cars people DO NOT WANT TO BUY!!!! This is not a sustainable business model and will eventually wreck the industry! Thank god I got my diesel Jeep!!
Sponsored