Sponsored

Ox the 19 Sahara is built and hitting the road.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So how are you liking that ox locker?
Perfect so far. Works when I need it to. It’s definitely noticeable when I want the extra traction.

I got the 32 spline diff in order to upgrade to “standard width M220” Yukon forged axles in my M200 as well. The axles also happen to be the same length so they are interchangeable if you just want to carry only one spare axle. The wide M220 has unequal length axles.

I’d do it all again.
Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I've been contemplating ox vs arb in upgraded axles down the road. I like the mechanical reliability of the cable actuator, but the engagement of the electronic actuator seems slow and cumbersome from what I've seen so far (with no real world experience). Aside from that, that seems like the best of both worlds, easy activation with a switch, still have the driveaway lock feature that ox provides. I'm not sure I'd ever engage my locker at speed like ARB claims you can, but it would be nice to have available if the time ever did arise.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I've been contemplating ox vs arb in upgraded axles down the road. I like the mechanical reliability of the cable actuator, but the engagement of the electronic actuator seems slow and cumbersome from what I've seen so far (with no real world experience). Aside from that, that seems like the best of both worlds, easy activation with a switch, still have the driveaway lock feature that ox provides. I'm not sure I'd ever engage my locker at speed like ARB claims you can, but it would be nice to have available if the time ever did arise.
I’ve had no issues with the few situations I’ve needed to engage while on the move fwiw. On…off…and back on again with the flick of a switch as needed. It’s never complained.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
When I thought my mild build was complete, winch failure and an off-road experience had me rethinking my setup.

It’s likely a month or two out from arriving but I ordered a VKS Fab “Informant” through Northridge 4x4 (thanks for the 5% vet discount on the bumper!).

https://www.vksfab.com/product/the-informant-front-bumper/

Since my Baja Designs wide cornering/ditch lights (Amber Squadron Sports) are using their plug and play wiring harnesses ($15 each) to plug these into the factory fog light wiring harness (with quality weatherpack connectors that have seen some things) …all I need is the factory fog light button to turn them off and on. Easy peasy. I plan to drill a hole on the left and right side of the VKS bumper to mount these rather using factory fog lights in fog light holes that most bumpers seem to have now.

It’s unusual but you can thankfully order this bumper without the fog light holes.
1C93A635-64B0-41D2-80B5-5CA329CB897D.jpeg

…and add a winch hoop. Man, look how clean that looks. AND look at that top mount winch that I can actually access to clean out twigs, mud, rocks, the line, etc from around it unlike now with my recessed winch Genright/Warn Platinum setup. That was a royal PITA to get it in there. Per instructions, light grinding on the winch itself was not necessary…. moderate grinding at minimum was necessary on a brand new winch. Let’s not talk about how many test fits and grinding on the back side of the winch plate was necessary too. Fat Guy…. Little coat. lol Never Again.

I’ll be pairing this bumper with the Comeup Seal Slim 9.5rs. (~$1200)

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I resolved my broken visor problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Rushmore, Devils Tower, Crazy Woman Canyon, and Bighorn National Forest.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
My latest video from our trip out west last year. I work for a living and work on the editing when I can so it’s a slow process, unfortunately.
O1E6-Sunlight Road by Jeep in Wyoming’s Absaroka Range

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
This past weekend I swapped Rubicon shocks for Fox shocks for a much improved ride! Why did I wait so long?!

I also removed the quickly chipping and rusting Maximus-3 rear tow points, manually chipped off the remaining “powdercoat” after about an hour of work, cleaned them, heated them to 175° to help paint dry faster, coated them with rust stopping enamel, oven time, then two coats of VHT Roll Bar & Chassis Paint.

Then my new front bumper, a now no longer made VKS Informant…the Raptor liner sprayed out kinda dry and tighter than normal months back when I sprayed it. I decided to just add more coats so it also got the VHT Roll Bar paint treatment followed by two coats of Krylon Matte Clear.

I also got around to finally doing the 2.0 TSB for the water pump outlet bolts. I’m glad I checked! It wasn’t dripping on the ground but it was “sweating”. I swear I could’ve turned the top bolt out by hand! Anyway, Blue Gel Permatex thread locker got put on both bolts and I torqued I top bolt to 97 in lbs. Since I could get to the bottom bolt, even with the very small torque wrench, I had to tighten the top a smidge more just to get a feel and tried to use my calibrated elbow to arrive at the proper torque for the bottom bolt.

Busy weekend!

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Last week, I did this to make a spot for my head to lay down. At 5’11”, I still needed this platform I made. A couple inches might be taken up by the Trailgater I took off the wife’s JL but I still would’ve needed it. Now, I can lay straight and relatively flat. Not Goose Gear flat, but Thermarest padded kind of flat.

It has three points of support. The car seat anchor, and two points up front suspended from Paracord with a CamJam XT and Velcro brand Carabiner setup I got from Lowe’s that attaches to the headrest posts.

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7205.jpeg

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I wanted to retain easy access to my hidden compartment with my fridge installed so…

I boxed in the left side with aluminum because it flexed just a bit after the cut. It’s long enough to bridge and rest on the edges of the compartment underneath.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I finally did a walkaround.

A Revealing Walkaround of our Jeep Wrangler JL

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, due to need I’ve had to part with the Sahara. It really sucks but I’ll get into another one later. We do still have the wife’s Rubicon so it could be worse so I’ll be around here and there.

I did make a new video and have more coming with the Sahara as I get time to edit. Great times and memories in that Jeep including some with my Dad who isn’t with us anymore. Yeah, it sucks.

Anyway, here’s my latest video with Ox on Clifton Rd on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. It’s a great trail and if you get a chance to go, this video might be helpful.

O2E1-Review of Clifton Road on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, due to need I’ve had to part with the Sahara. It really sucks but I’ll get into another one later. We do still have the wife’s Rubicon so it could be worse and I’ll be around here and there.

I did make a new video and have more coming with the Sahara as I get time to edit. Great times and memories in that Jeep including some with my Dad who isn’t with us anymore. Yeah, it sucks.

Anyway, here’s my latest video with Ox on Clifton Rd on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. It’s a great trail and if you get a chance to go, this video might be helpful.
O2E1-Clifton Road / Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway near Red River Gorge
Sponsored

Last edited: