Sponsored

cycler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VW Golf GTI Autobahn, 2022 Jeep GC 4Xe
Mine was from the factory.
I was reading some other posts where guys bought black grills. Some wrote they were from older models but fit the 2021 and new jeeps. Others wrote they got the Gladiator grills. I didnt see an option on Jeeps site to add a black grill. Did you ask the dealer to have the factory install it?

I spoke to a buddy of mine who is a manager of a high end body job here on Long Island as well as having a small % of ownership. He said get the Jeep with the black hard top instead of the body colored hard. And Ill paint the top Hydro blue and the grill black for free. The one with the black top cost $1170 less than the one with colored hard top. And has the same options, but has a black interior. Its not because he is such a nice guy LOL. We are both in different MC's, but are good friends. Since 2016 that body shop eiter charged my insurance company or the other parties insurance company a total of $121,900 in repair costs ($2000 of that was for towing my wifes 2018 Acura MDX to their body shop and inspecting it. Then reporting it as a total loss to the insurance company. Since it was during the height of Covid June 2020. Allstate just had the shop send over pictures and a report to total it out. That accident was my fault. None of the other incidents were our fault. Yeah I know, hard to believe LOL). In addition to the work he did for me. I sent a good amount of work his way. Another reason why he charged me $800 to paint my Harley that should have cost $3500. He also painted a few pieces on my car to color match the paint job as well as some other parts for my other bikes. Three guys from my MC went to him to see what it would cost for a single color paint job on their Dyna's. He painted them for free. And charged another MC member from my club $1200 for a paint job that should have been $4500. So guys in my MC send work his way whenever someone they know gets into an accident. They know this way, if they need their bikes painted. They wont get raped.

If I go this route. Ill see if he can the top and grill painted over a weekend while its still cold out. Or have him paint the pieces sometime during the week once it gets warmer and I can ride my bike. In the end, it depends whether I want a black interior or brown interior. That black grill on your Rubicon is the perfect extra accent to add with the rest of your black pieces. Im not a fan of white Jeeps with black fender flares. But after seeing yours. Damn.......white is now a new favorite of mine. But only if it has a black grill and black fender flares. Enjoy it. Hope to see other mods you do.
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I was reading some other posts where guys bought black grills. Some wrote they were from older models but fit the 2021 and new jeeps. Others wrote they got the Gladiator grills. I didnt see an option on Jeeps site to add a black grill. Did you ask the dealer to have the factory install it?

I spoke to a buddy of mine who is a manager of a high end body job here on Long Island as well as having a small % of ownership. He said get the Jeep with the black hard top instead of the body colored hard. And Ill paint the top Hydro blue and the grill black for free. The one with the black top cost $1170 less than the one with colored hard top. And has the same options, but has a black interior. Its not because he is such a nice guy LOL. We are both in different MC's, but are good friends. Since 2016 that body shop eiter charged my insurance company or the other parties insurance company a total of $121,900 in repair costs ($2000 of that was for towing my wifes 2018 Acura MDX to their body shop and inspecting it. Then reporting it as a total loss to the insurance company. Since it was during the height of Covid June 2020. Allstate just had the shop send over pictures and a report to total it out. That accident was my fault. None of the other incidents were our fault. Yeah I know, hard to believe LOL). In addition to the work he did for me. I sent a good amount of work his way. Another reason why he charged me $800 to paint my Harley that should have cost $3500. He also painted a few pieces on my car to color match the paint job as well as some other parts for my other bikes. Three guys from my MC went to him to see what it would cost for a single color paint job on their Dyna's. He painted them for free. And charged another MC member from my club $1200 for a paint job that should have been $4500. So guys in my MC send work his way whenever someone they know gets into an accident. They know this way, if they need their bikes painted. They wont get raped.

If I go this route. Ill see if he can the top and grill painted over a weekend while its still cold out. Or have him paint the pieces sometime during the week once it gets warmer and I can ride my bike. In the end, it depends whether I want a black interior or brown interior. That black grill on your Rubicon is the perfect extra accent to add with the rest of your black pieces. Im not a fan of white Jeeps with black fender flares. But after seeing yours. Damn.......white is now a new favorite of mine. But only if it has a black grill and black fender flares. Enjoy it. Hope to see other mods you do.
Keep in mind the black hard top is textured and might look odd painted.

beaverjeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2023 JLUR on order
I ordered a Rubi 4xe in Punk’n on 3/3. Going to be a long wait I fear.
Probably not as long as you might think. I ordered right at the beginning of Punk'n being available to order. No Punk'ns started production for at least 2.5 months, probably due to waiting for a large order of Punk'n to push through...and in about 4 weeks 90% of them had been built.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

Perfectly matching that paint might be a problem, and it's practically half of the vehicle so it would stick out, if I ordered black I would keep it black, like someone mentioned it's also textured, the black tops also tend to chip/flake easily if something hits it, so not sure how the paint would hold up on it, it's one thing to have a chipped black roof, a coloured chip roof might not look good.

The black grilles are satin black from the factory, they cost as much as if you buy it from Mopar, it's probably best to buy the satin black from Mopar, that way you have the original body colour.

I've used a satin black on two JKs then sold it for almost what I paid for it, the one I have now I had it on my 2018 JL, took it off when I traded it in, now it's on the 4xe.

The Willys have a gloss black grille from the factory.

Sponsored

Bri_NYC_Rubi4xe

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Greeting Jeep peeps! Still have to organize my profile, but here's my 2021 Rubicon 4xe. Mods in no particular order: Barricade rocksliders, Oracle pre runners, Axiom side markers, Axiom rear bumper running lights, RR trailer hitch, RR spare brake light. Mopar AW mats, Bull bar, various interior mods(storage, red aluminum knob covers, grab handles, Fishbone fire extinguisher and LED flashlight roll bar mounts, and coming this week is a set of Vision Nemesis 17x9 wheels wrapped in BFG KO2 315 / 17 / 35''
waiting for a warm day to install ER fender flares.
looking forward to contributing as so many of you fine people already have. Thanks in advance for all the info and tutorials i've taken advantage of.

-Brian

jeep.jpg

4xe.jpg

lights.jpg

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Greeting Jeep peeps! Still have to organize my profile, but here's my 2021 Rubicon 4xe. Mods in no particular order: Barricade rocksliders, Oracle pre runners, Axiom side markers, Axiom rear bumper running lights, RR trailer hitch, RR spare brake light. Mopar AW mats, Bull bar, various interior mods(storage, red aluminum knob covers, grab handles, Fishbone fire extinguisher and LED flashlight roll bar mounts, and coming this week is a set of Vision Nemesis 17x9 wheels wrapped in BFG KO2 315 / 17 / 35''
waiting for a warm day to install ER fender flares.
looking forward to contributing as so many of you fine people already have. Thanks in advance for all the info and tutorials i've taken advantage of.

-Brian

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! lights

That looks nice! I sometimes wonder if I should have got the SOT. I got both the normal HT and the ST, and honestly, I really like the hardtop alot more than I thought I would (especially with the Hot Headliners in there.)

I also like that tan interior, I really wanted to go tan, instead of black, but I have a 4Xe as well and really liked that light blue stitching on the black seats. I wish they would have done that on the tan seats!

Bri_NYC_Rubi4xe

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
That looks nice! I sometimes wonder if I should have got the SOT. I got both the normal HT and the ST, and honestly, I really like the hardtop alot more than I thought I would (especially with the Hot Headliners in there.)

I also like that tan interior, I really wanted to go tan, instead of black, but I have a 4Xe as well and really liked that light blue stitching on the black seats. I wish they would have done that on the tan seats!
Thanks. I bought this pre owned from the owner of the dealership so it came loaded.(he traded it back for the 392) The SOT is expensive but worth every penny. I feel the same way about the tan leather; love it bc it stands out but def missing the blue stitching! Planning on adding the hothead liner for the SOT soon(also a LOT of $ for what it is) but looking to drop the decibels a few inside the cabin.

-Bri

Alan W

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Lets see all the new 4xe's out there. Posts lots of pics and show us any mods you've done so far. Also let us know if you had any problems so far.

Alan W

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
This is my 4xe High
Altitude, enjoying the ride 24x7x4xe

Sponsored

cycler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfectly matching that paint might be a problem, and it's practically half of the vehicle so it would stick out, if I ordered black I would keep it black, like someone mentioned it's also textured, the black tops also tend to chip/flake easily if something hits it, so not sure how the paint would hold up on it, it's one thing to have a chipped black roof, a coloured chip roof might not look good.

The black grilles are satin black from the factory, they cost as much as if you buy it from Mopar, it's probably best to buy the satin black from Mopar, that way you have the original body colour.

I've used a satin black on two JKs then sold it for almost what I paid for it, the one I have now I had it on my 2018 JL, took it off when I traded it in, now it's on the 4xe.

The Willys have a gloss black grille from the factory.
I decided on the one with color matched hard top. And Ill pick one up from mopar. I found one mopar site where they are giving 33% off on so many parts. So Ill order the satin grill from them

melman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Im picking up a Hydro Blue Wrangler Sahara 4xe either this week. Or next Monday or Tuesday. I just have to decide whether I want the black interior or brown interior. One downside of having a brown interior. If I wanted to replace the black left and right dashboard panels with Hydro Blue ones. Im not sure whether they would look good with a brown interior.

Would you mind answering a few questions about your grill? Id like to replace the stock one with a black one. This way I can break up some of the Hydro blue. And I would want to replace the silver inserts in the grill with black ones too. Did you have your grill , inserts and those headlight trims painted matte black? Or did you buy them from the dealer?? As for the honey comb piece behind the grill. Did you keep yours? Or was that replaced? The only thing I need to decide is whether to go with all matte black. Gloss black with matte grill inserts and matte headlight inserts. Or all gloss. Matte black looks great on your Rubicon because your fender flares are matte black as well as the bumper.
Here’s the mopar satin grill I ordered I took the mesh from the original grill and it snapped onto the new one

IMG_8741.jpeg

cycler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the mopar satin grill I ordered I took the mesh from the original grill and it snapped onto the new one

IMG_8741.jpeg
That is so amazing looking. You you ordered the one without the headlight inserts and without the grill inserts?
Sponsored