Sponsored

Gooner

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green 4xe
For those of you who have no back-up lines, have you looked through the settings? I think this is something that can be turned on and off. I don't think I've had an issue with mine yet.
Yeah it is an actual well documented error from what I read... across JL jeeps for years.
Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Saw my first one in Delaware. White Rubicon with the powertop. Really sharp looking, but i'm struggling at $60K for a Hybrid Rubicon that doesn't even come standard with leather, color matched fenders, hard top or remote start.

it can absolutely be argued that the 4xe Sahara is a better deal as it comes with leather, color matched fenders and hard top.
Um...If you want all that stuff. Unventilated leather seats? That's a no from me, dawg.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Um...If you want all that stuff. Unventilated leather seats? That's a no from me, dawg.
my kids are not exactly the most careful. leather is easier to maintain and keep clean. but I feel you.

I may not 'want" all that, but my wife does and we all know happy wife, happy life.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
my kids are not exactly the most careful. leather is easier to maintain and keep clean. but I feel you.

I may not 'want" all that, but my wife does and we all know happy wife, happy life.
Yeah that's why I ASPIRE to a 4xe lol. Still working on convincing her. My latest tack is that in an emergency when she's at the office and I'm at home the little one can't safely be taken anywhere in the Miata because the carseat can't be installed properly like in our SUV.

And for me the hierarchy is ventilated leather >> cloth >> Alcantara >> >> unventilated leather. The Miata has Alcantara (our CX-5 has very effectively entilated leather).

But I also have a big seat mat that goes under the car seat to catch anything from the little guy but he's not doing anything in the car other than sleeping 90% of the time, he's too small yet.

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Yeah that's why I ASPIRE to a 4xe lol. Still working on convincing her. My latest tack is that in an emergency when she's at the office and I'm at home the little one can't safely be taken anywhere in the Miata because the carseat can't be installed properly like in our SUV.

And for me the hierarchy is ventilated leather >> cloth >> Alcantara >> >> unventilated leather. The Miata has Alcantara.

But I also have a big seat mat that goes under the car seat to catch anything from the little guy but he's not doing anything in the car other than sleeping 90% of the time, he's too small yet.
A) she saw the rubicon last night and LOVES how the blue accented the white. B) When I told her how much the Rubicon is, she immediately goes, can't you get a Sahara?

I said, I could, but I really really don't want a $600 a month payment. to which she goes, but we get a tax credit! I said, sure, but we still have a $600 a month payment!

PHX2IAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I think it looks better with some brown on top of the blue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 4A0BE160-D301-415C-988A-D0D54449FE9B
Interesting look. I ordered Firecracker and have been conflicted on how it will look with the blue accents. I found plain black RUBICON labels that I may switch to. I may also debadge it like you did or plastidip them black depending on how much it bothers me.

Yeah I went with cloth for that reason as well. I had black leather seats in a Mustang convertible a few years ago and I would never put the top down on a warmish day because the seats go so uncomfortable. I also knew if I got the Sahara I would have to spend $$$ swapping out the wheels and tires so there wasn't much savings between the Sahara and the Rubi.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Saw my first one in Delaware. White Rubicon with the powertop. Really sharp looking, but i'm struggling at $60K for a Hybrid Rubicon that doesn't even come standard with leather, color matched fenders, hard top or remote start.

it can absolutely be argued that the 4xe Sahara is a better deal as it comes with leather, color matched fenders and hard top.
Thankfully Jeep doesn't make all those options standard on the Rubicon. Let people choose. Those options add a lot of cost. These babies are getting really expensive! Sounds like the Sahara better meets your vision of what a Jeep should be. :)

Sorry for the hijack. Back to the thread topic:
Owners show off your new 4xe!
:)

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
Well I had an order for a willys with half doors but canceled that order and picked this up today now looking for a hitch and wire harness dealt has metal hitch but does not have wire harness for it in there systems any help would be great also looking for mud flaps as u can see got a stone drive way
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 37DB06BE-8502-4044-A4B1-4BC97B21613A
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 8709874A-C710-47CE-9E9B-18B84482871C

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
First time wrangler owners!... coming from the dark side (toyota) 😆.... we went into the dealer for a willys and came out with a Sahara 4xe .... power top and the works... i just need to find some rubicon take off wheels and tires locally.... i dont want 20" rims... I want 17! But the wife and I are loving the new jeep!!

Sponsored

Sahara4xeland

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport XR.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210419_200459

First time wrangler owners!... coming from the dark side (toyota) 😆.... we went into the dealer for a willys and came out with a Sahara 4xe .... power top and the works... i just need to find some rubicon take off wheels and tires locally.... i dont want 20" rims... I want 17! But the wife and I are loving the new jeep!!

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Did I miss it or has anyone taken delivery on a firecracker red 4xe? I’m wondering if that is part of my delay

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
alright guys, I’m so excited I’m leaving shortly to go pick mine up. been sitting at the dealer for two days now just waiting for me to come grab her.

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

With dealer discount (that anyone can get if you travel for it) and $7500 tax credit, my Rubicon 4xe with power sky one touch top, painted fenders, leather, remote start (part of cold weather group with heated seats, etc), safety group, advanced safety, and towing package is coming in right under 50k plus tax.

Plus, Rubicon has better resale value from what I've seen.
Sponsored