st01tz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
My Rubi 4xe. Am I done yet?:like:

Just got the 37s installed. See signature for other improvements.

IMG_0395.jpg
Sponsored

SubmarinesOnce

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe high altitude
Had her since last Friday. Still no great beauty shots yet, but they will come.

We named her Bumble. (Like the Abominable snowman from Rudolph)

Already have some minor mods in the works. AC control knob covers, dash speakers, roll bar speakers, and a tint this upcoming weekend.

55AFA155-7E35-4C41-ADF2-0FF85B0DA9D3.jpeg

E715568F-D205-4787-98C1-876BF91D3F57.jpeg

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Where all my firecracker red brothers and sisters at?

Sponsored

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
I’ll show you mine, show me yours.
5E433AE4-D099-477E-882F-91D48CB64F6A.jpeg
What are you doing getting my Jeep so dirty! HAHAHA

I have to live vicariously through you, I don't have mine yet!

I ordered the black hard top, but did get the painted fenders, that looks good. Are those the stock tires and wheels? I think those are the stock wheels, but yours are gray? :)

It looks like a lift as well? Are my eyes deceiving me? Yours looks really good, I intend to keep mine stock for a while - or at least as long as I can!

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
What are you doing getting my Jeep so dirty! HAHAHA

I have to live vicariously through you, I don't have mine yet!

I ordered the black hard top, but did get the painted fenders, that looks good. Are those the stock tires and wheels? I think those are the stock wheels, but yours are gray? :)

It looks like a lift as well? Are my eyes deceiving me? Yours looks really good, I intend to keep mine stock for a while - or at least as long as I can!
For all intents and purposes, it is still a bone stock rubi. Mud/dust coating the wheels, but since you mention it I don’t dislike the color!

Oceanic

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
The picture is only the hood, but I can confirm the 4xE's water-fording capacity works as advertised. This was fighting our way to my the house of some of my wife's relatives in Northport the morning after Ian. It was running about 18-24" for a quarter-mile or so in this spot.

ian2.png

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Wow, glad the Jeep got you in there to help.

Sponsored

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE, 2010 Unlimited, 2002 2d X
Picked up less than a week ago- 4XE sahara with the one-touch soft top. I prefer black fender flares, so will likely do that over the next 6-12 months, and some decals to make it unique, but it will primarily be my daily driver in snow country, so I probably won't do much with the tires... (Open to advice, of course...)

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 2022-10-05 19.59.26

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 2022-10-13 09.45.16

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Picked up less than a week ago- 4XE sahara with the one-touch soft top. I prefer black fender flares, so will likely do that over the next 6-12 months, and some decals to make it unique, but it will primarily be my daily driver in snow country, so I probably won't do much with the tires... (Open to advice, of course...)

Wranglers are not really the best vehicles for snow on roads (although much better for deeper fresh snow off road). I would recommend getting a good set of snow tires. If you have the optional Limited Slip Differential that certainly helps with traction control but with Solid axel Wranglers and only one power wheel per axel they can struggle compared to many independent suspension all wheel drive verhicles. This also apples to Rubicons as lockers are useless in snow as they tend to bind and break traction. Also with the Cold weather FORM issue that prevents you from using electric power at times the 4xe is not the best in winter condistions. Plus the added weight does not help. This is why snow and ice specific tires are important for those that deal with more than occasional snow. I own a 2018 JL and a 4xe I also have a plow blade that I used on my JL, last year I installed it on my 4xe, then put it bacl on my JL as the 4xe really struggled with it compared to my 3.6 JL. which is set up for snow.

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE, 2010 Unlimited, 2002 2d X
Wranglers are not really the best vehicles for snow on roads (although much better for deeper fresh snow off road). I would recommend getting a good set of snow tires. If you have the optional Limited Slip Differential that certainly helps with traction control but with Solid axel Wranglers and only one power wheel per axel they can struggle compared to many independent suspension all wheel drive verhicles. This also apples to Rubicons as lockers are useless in snow as they tend to bind and break traction. Also with the Cold weather FORM issue that prevents you from using electric power at times the 4xe is not the best in winter condistions. Plus the added weight does not help. This is why snow and ice specific tires are important for those that deal with more than occasional snow. I own a 2018 JL and a 4xe I also have a plow blade that I used on my JL, last year I installed it on my 4xe, then put it bacl on my JL as the 4xe really struggled with it compared to my 3.6 JL. which is set up for snow.
That makes sense. Where we are moving the snow isn't nearly as bad as where I grew up (but definitely worse than Las Vegas, where I live now). More intermittent and usually gone within a few hours. For me, it's about ground clearance. I did note that in the 2023s (which this is) there is now a 4H made for roads that functions more similarly to AWD. Snow tires are on the purchase list!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That makes sense. Where we are moving the snow isn't nearly as bad as where I grew up (but definitely worse than Las Vegas, where I live now). More intermittent and usually gone within a few hours. For me, it's about ground clearance. I did note that in the 2023s (which this is) there is now a 4H made for roads that functions more similarly to AWD. Snow tires are on the purchase list!
All the 4xes since the 21 release have gotten the MP3022 Full Time Transfer case with "4 Auto" to my knowledge.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

The bar for tires to qualify as a snow tire is a very low bar and there is a Huge gap between those tires that just qualify as a snow tire and those that are designed primarily as a snow tire. Understand in 4H part-time the drive shafts are locked to spin at the same RMP, the only thinh 4H auto does is allows the drive shafts to spin independent of each other. It DOES NOT change the power to each wheel you still only have 1 power wheel on each axel. If you have the LSD in the rear axel (optional) that will power the oposite rear wheel whr the power wheel breaks traction. $H auto is not technically all wheel drive. Hopefully you have the LSD rear diff. My JL is a Sahara with the LSD rear and I added E-lockers to the front, however lockers are useless on snow.
Sponsored