Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I picked this up May 7th (Ordered on 3/24). Added the 315/70/R17 BFG KO2s with Fuel Covert rims last Friday
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 2021 Jeep JLUR4Xe
. Loving this thing so far. It is a much better drive than my 2018 JLUR with the 3.6. I didn't by it for better gas mileage but I am absolutely loving getting 700 miles per tank.

jerf177

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited 4xe
Which grab handles did you go with? I was going to go with all black but I like the look of those.
Hi Ron,
I got these and the back seat grab handles off Quadratec website.

FYI, the rear grab handles come with washers so you can mount them on the speaker bar. These washer holes are to large for the screw. I trip to the hardware store was required to purchase 4 smaller washers. I also plasti dipped the washers black to hide them into the speaker bar.

Also the metal eyelets are just to small the fit over the JL’s headrest poles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 604DCF69-81CD-48C6-ABFB-F8F6C61EF69F

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Hi Ron,
I got these and the back seat grab handles off Quadratec website.

FYI, the rear grab handles come with washers so you can mount them on the speaker bar. These washer holes are to large for the screw. I trip to the hardware store was required to purchase 4 smaller washers. I also plasti dipped the washers black to hide them into the speaker bar.

Also the metal eyelets are just to small the fit over the JL’s headrest poles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 604DCF69-81CD-48C6-ABFB-F8F6C61EF69F
Thanks!

MissOCD

First Name
Cecilia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4xe
Ughh, I picked up a used 2018 Red Rubi in March and now I'm looking at 4Xe. After having a Volt and seeing the torque numbers on this monster I'm wishing I could trade today.
I hope you got the 4xe and I hope you kept the charging cord from the Volt. Husband has a Volt and we use his cord with an adapter that he made for the dryer outlet (240v). Takes about 5-6 hours to get a full charge.

Sponsored

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
I hope you got the 4xe and I hope you kept the charging cord from the Volt. Husband has a Volt and we use his cord with an adapter that he made for the dryer outlet (240v). Takes about 5-6 hours to get a full charge.
I decided to wait till I can see some options for the 2022s. I was leaning just going with a Sahara as we are not really rock crawlers, but we live in the Four Corners and I've found myself doing trails and things I would have never done before with a Rubicon, so if/when we replace this 2018 JLUR I will probably just go Rubicon.

My wife's car was getting up their in mileage, so we got her a RAV-4 prime and our electric coop offered us a Level 2 charger if they could have control of it, during peak time periods. I didn't really care for them messing with my charging schedule as we always charged off peak, but the utility was giving them away (yes I realize we ratepayers all pay for it), so I thought I would check it out. Will be interesting to get a plugin Wrangler and Plugin RAV and see how usage changes. We just had the Volt and still sold back several megawatts of power from our solar array last year when our utility trues up the accounts. I would rather be using that energy instead of selling it back at a wholesale rate.

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
First Jeep. Picked her up a month ago after trading in my Compass.
Still deciding on how to name her
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! E0B1C032-0317-4911-A6A6-03BB38682108
Looks familiar to me…lol…do you have the sky one touch…if so we have identical Sahara’s…great color

MissOCD

First Name
Cecilia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to wait till I can see some options for the 2022s. I was leaning just going with a Sahara as we are not really rock crawlers, but we live in the Four Corners and I've found myself doing trails and things I would have never done before with a Rubicon, so if/when we replace this 2018 JLUR I will probably just go Rubicon.

My wife's car was getting up their in mileage, so we got her a RAV-4 prime and our electric coop offered us a Level 2 charger if they could have control of it, during peak time periods. I didn't really care for them messing with my charging schedule as we always charged off peak, but the utility was giving them away (yes I realize we ratepayers all pay for it), so I thought I would check it out. Will be interesting to get a plugin Wrangler and Plugin RAV and see how usage changes. We just had the Volt and still sold back several megawatts of power from our solar array last year when our utility trues up the accounts. I would rather be using that energy instead of selling it back at a wholesale rate.
It’s my first real Jeep. I had a 4x4 Compass before and it did really good during the winter storm here in TX. Husband would never let me even think about getting a wrangler because of gas, until we knew about the 4xe 😁 but yeah, having solar panels changes everything. That’s probably our next step.

MissOCD

First Name
Cecilia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks familiar to me…lol…do you have the sky one touch…if so we have identical Sahara’s…great color
I didn’t get they sky one touch, that was out of my budget lol and I was looking for the granite crystal at first until they showed me this one…

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I thought I would put the 4xE to a test. with 650 miles on her, we reached the highest drivable peak west of the Rockies....Patterson mountain in CA> elevation 11,672 ft. on my off-road pages. She worked hard but performed well! I will say it's much better to just be in E-save mode when crawling low gears on steep grades and tight switch backs! Even after this challenge and others we are averaging 22.2 MPG since new and we have actually achieved 29 miles on electric only at one point. When defending over 6000 feet the Regen only brought the battery back to 12% FYI. just over 900 miles when home. Lot's more photo's if anybody cares to see them...

20210618_135428.jpg

20210618_135611.jpg
Sponsored