OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
In all honesty, if I ordered a vehicle I wouldn't accept delivery without a printed owner's manual.
Well hey test to reject then. I mean I get it, most people never open it, they would be happy with a pdf or that it's in the computer /touch screen. It probably is a waste for them to print them for all. But, having to call them and request it wasn't a big deal in the end, as long as they sent it...
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So you would refuse your new 40+ G vehicle for that reason?
Yes.

If the dealer wants the sale, they’ll get a copy from Jeep.

Yes, you want the vehicle but every day it sits on their lot costs the dealer interest charges so it’s in their interest to get the deal done ASAP.

If you notice a problem during a test drive then go ahead with the purchase, they will get it fixed on their own schedule.

If you decline to take delivery until it’s fixed your vehicle will be a priority in the shop the next day.

Really no different than not taking delivery if something else is missing from the vehicle.

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I called a couple weeks ago or so to ask for a hard copy of the manual. They told me they would "forward my request to a manager"..... I was like "ooooo K". Well, today, this showed up. And it's huge!! A little night-time reading, I guess. With some U-Connects on the blink, this could come in handy. I suggest, if you haven't, call them and get yours!

20180212_203733.jpg

20180212_203744.jpg

20180212_203800.jpg
I purchased my JLUR off the lot. Not only came with a paper manual, but also a Jeep labeled tan cover! :clap: I'm too lazy to go down stairs to take a picture but will try to remember tomorrow.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
FYI, Jeep Chat just told me that I am not able to order a paper manual until I actually take possession of the vehicle. Was hoping to have it to read in the meantime, but oh well...

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I purchased my JLUR off the lot. Not only came with a paper manual, but also a Jeep labeled tan cover! :clap: I'm too lazy to go down stairs to take a picture but will try to remember tomorrow.
Yeah I got that small packet in the canvass case too.

Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took possession of my Jeep on Monday (2/26) and chatted w/ Jeep yesterday (2/27). They weren't able to confirm I had taken possession of the Jeep but I guess they trusted me and put the Owner's manual in the mail per my request. I should have it in 7-10 days.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My Owner’s Manual arrived for my new Jeep. All I need now is for Jeep to send me a Jeep for this manual. Might be easier if they just send me the Owner’s Manual for my JL. Back to the drawing board...

7EAFB919-5D7C-47BB-91A2-114C3AEB2AA7.jpeg

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
I took possession of my Jeep on Monday (2/26) and chatted w/ Jeep yesterday (2/27). They weren't able to confirm I had taken possession of the Jeep but I guess they trusted me and put the Owner's manual in the mail per my request. I should have it in 7-10 days.
I took possession today and JeepChat said I have to call Technical Authority and pay for it? Who did you chat with?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
My Owner’s Manual arrived for my new Jeep. All I need now is for Jeep to send me a Jeep for this manual. Might be easier if they just send me the Owner’s Manual for my JL. Back to the drawing board...

7EAFB919-5D7C-47BB-91A2-114C3AEB2AA7.jpeg
JK ?!?!

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took possession today and JeepChat said I have to call Technical Authority and pay for it? Who did you chat with?
Maybe Michelle? I don’t remember for sure. Too many chats with Jeep over the last couple of months to keep the all straights. She definitely didn’t charge me and said i would have it in 7-10 days.

Sponsored

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Maybe Michelle? I don’t remember for sure. Too many chats with Jeep over the last couple of months to keep the all straights. She definitely didn’t charge me and said i would have it in 7-10 days.
But you just used the regular JeepChat, yes? Thanks!

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I also have mine took 4 days once I did the chat and receiving it.
Sponsored