Sponsored

Owners Manual and DPF?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
BTW, Peter, thanks for championing this. It looks like something I will do also, but just one gauge.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, Peter, thanks for championing this. It looks like something I will do also, but just one gauge.
Thanks Rick. I needed to see it. I want to run it in my Ram 6.7 before I hide the wiring.

I was able to capture a regen on my way to work this morning. I will post the video tomorrow. I did not see or feel anything. The fuel mileage really did not drop like a rock but the exhaust temp climbed to over 800 deg post turbo and pre DPF. I still need to get the time to view the video to see what was happening.
If you get the single pod post a picture. It is very pricy and would like to see how it looks.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Thanks Rick. I needed to see it. I want to run it in my Ram 6.7 before I hide the wiring.

I was able to capture a regen on my way to work this morning. I will post the video tomorrow. I did not see or feel anything. The fuel mileage really did not drop like a rock but the exhaust temp climbed to over 800 deg post turbo and pre DPF. I still need to get the time to view the video to see what was happening.
If you get the single pod post a picture. It is very pricy and would like to see how it looks.
Peter, If I were only to run one gauge, with monitoring regen being most important, which metrics would you program into the unit? Also, now that you've been living with the gauges for a while, any further observations that you'd care to share?

Last edited:

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Peter, If I were only to run one gauge, with monitoring regen being most important, which metrics would you program into the unit? Also, now that you've been living with the gauges for a while, any further observations that you'd care to share?
I actually haven't driven it much recently because I drive my Ram for work most of the time and works has been crazy.
The pids I would suggest are, 1 - regen status, 2 - DPF inlet temp, 3 - DPF outlet temp, 4 - DPF differential pressure, If you want some cool info and want more than four you can add, 5 - Turbo Boost 6 - Turbo speed, 7 - Turbo outlet temp.

The first four will tell you if the DPF is getting restricted and during a regen you will want to see the DPF inlet and outlet temps about the same when complete showing that the DPF is free flowing. If the outlet temp is lower than inlet the DPF is still restricted.

On another note, I found a new Ram chassis today for a build we are doing for a customer and one of the options it has in a manual regen switch. I never knew it was an option. If the ECM in a Ram is set up to accept a regen switch I wonder if the Wrangler is too. I will be talking to my dealers diesel tech about that. Maybe it can be turned on and a switch added.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Robs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey there! I'm new here, but I wanted to chime in and offer some information that might be helpful to others who come across this thread. I've found that sometimes the owner's manual can be a bit lacking when it comes to specific details like how driving style impacts DPF regeneration. However, there are plenty of resources online that can provide more in-depth information. As for DPF cleaning services, I came across one called Duramax DPF Cleaning that might be worth checking out. They use a specialized cleaning process that can help restore your DPF to optimal condition. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

greek_fire

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel JLU, Polestare 2
@2020 Diesel JL

I read through your stuff and your data seems pretty legit. Now, I went to Banks to find something to monitor regen, turbo temperature, etc and I cam across their tuner. Would you trust it? Banks did a lot of stuff with the MRAPS back in the day, so I assume that they know to upgrade stuff to survive in the hottest temperatures.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
@2020 Diesel JL

I read through your stuff and your data seems pretty legit. Now, I went to Banks to find something to monitor regen, turbo temperature, etc and I cam across their tuner. Would you trust it? Banks did a lot of stuff with the MRAPS back in the day, so I assume that they know to upgrade stuff to survive in the hottest temperatures.
The Scan Gauge 3 does a great job of monitoring Turbo temps and Regens, among a whole host of other metrics. Most times while driving it will do a "Passive Regen", and then once my Regen Trigger hits 100% it will cause and "Active Regen" Here is mine:

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners Manual and DPF? IMG_3353
Sponsored