Owners Manual and DPF?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On my father's 6.6 Duramax, you can tell when it goes into regen because the interior of the truck STINKS. The smell is a dead giveaway.

On my 3.0 EcoDiesel, there is an obvious change in engine sound. It develops a very low rumble, like it's laboring a little. The sound is noticeable. I don't know if that's due to regen, but I assume it is. It only happens occasionally.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Seems to all be working as it should. I guess I won't know for sure until I see a regen in progress and a coinciding mileage nose dive.

Got the screen showing:

STM "soot mass load" (%)
RGN "regeneration active" (on/off)
DSR "distance since last regeneration" (miles)
TNR "total number of started regenerations" (count)

Their window mount blows. Might start a thread about this later if I think more needs to be shared. Overall I'm just happy to have a way to monitor regen status. We'll see if this avenue was worth the cost. I paid $170 from the source to make sure I got the latest and greatest, but these normally go for $140ish. Bluetooth would be nice, but the apps I've seen always seem to be missing at least one if not several pids you'd like to monitor. YMMV
DSR seems to be non-functional. They are sending out a couple dataloggers. Just wanted to do a heads up post for anyone thinking of going this route.

Gal I talked to told me this was pretty common. She said people with ecodiesels would take them in for service and their rig would get flashed, resulting in non-reporting PIDS.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
The Banks iDash allows you to see the state of regen. I ordered two more and a mounting set up I think will work. If everything comes this weekend I will get it installed and post a few pictures. This set up will give you all the info needed to watch the DPF from soot level, DPF pressure, DPF inlet and outlet temps. The Banks iDash looks very interesting and would not void any warranty since your only reading data.
https://www.bankspower.com/series-2-idash-1-8-datamonster-and-supergauge.html#!sq= iDash

Reactions: GtX

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
The Banks iDash allows you to see the state of regen. I ordered two more and a mounting set up I think will work. If everything comes this weekend I will get it installed and post a few pictures. This set up will give you all the info needed to watch the DPF from soot level, DPF pressure, DPF inlet and outlet temps. The Banks iDash looks very interesting and would not void any warranty since your only reading data.
https://www.bankspower.com/series-2-idash-1-8-datamonster-and-supergauge.html#!sq= iDash
So this will show real time DPF soot level, DEF fluid level, regeneration status, etc? Interesting....

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So this will show real time DPF soot level, DEF fluid level, regeneration status, etc? Interesting....
I am hoping to get the pods I ordered for them before the weekend. I am going to set one up with DPF info, one with turbo info and the last with EGR info. You could set one up with everything but the info will get to small to read while driving. I ordered one of the three with the recording feature so you can play back the info to see what temps, mileage and soot level is at anytime. Should be a cool setup.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
I am hoping to get the pods I ordered for them before the weekend. I am going to set one up with DPF info, one with turbo info and the last with EGR info. You could set one up with everything but the info will get to small to read while driving. I ordered one of the three with the recording feature so you can play back the info to see what temps, mileage and soot level is at anytime. Should be a cool setup.
Yes please do post some pics and info when you're done with the install. I'd like to see what the DPF status looks like on the gauge and any regeneration info it shows.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes please do post some pics and info when you're done with the install. I'd like to see what the DPF status looks like on the gauge and any regeneration info it shows.
IMG_5366.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There are so many different PID's of info you can display it's hard to figure what to show. I was able to find gauge pods that did not require any drilling. Really nice fit.
DPFDIS. Avg Distance Between DPF Regen
DPFIT1. DPF Inlet Temp Bank 1

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
That's awesome. It'll also show turbo temperature? That could be helpful at shut-down to make sure the turbo has cooled to safe level.

Sponsored

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I only see 4 videos. [at the bottom of the page] What am I doing wrong?
They are on the left of the display gauge near the top of the page.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hey Peter,

What did you use for mounting? I don't see your pods on their website. TIA

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Peter,

What did you use for mounting? I don't see your pods on their website. TIA
I used GlowShift,
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com
I did not like the pod design on the triple gauge mount so I replaced them with three of the single

3 x Universal Single Gauge Swivel Dashboard Pod
SKU:
GS-U01
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/universal-single-gauge-swivel-dashboard-pod/

1 x Universal Triple Gauge Swivel Dashboard Pod
SKU:
GS-U03
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/universal-triple-gauge-swivel-dashboard-pod/

If you only want two gauges this will work,
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/universal-dual-gauge-swivel-dashboard-pod/
Sponsored