Sponsored

Owned JLUR for one month, in the shop for almost 2 weeks!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
No, no, no that's quite alright thank you though I appreciate that.

My Rubi is going in for service next Monday, I'll ask the manager in person for more detail.

If I find out they ripped me off so much as .50cents...I'm going to tie off the service desk to my hitch and take it home with me.
Good luck brother! Do you have a “Jeep Wave” account? I’m pretty sure you get some discounts with it.
Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Good luck brother! Do you have a “Jeep Wave” account? I’m pretty sure you get some discounts with it.
Yes, I do.

I'm at 28,000miles and shes going in to my mechanic(kids really good) so he can go through everything, make sure everything is good and tight. I have quite a bit of work done.

Tire rotation, oil change, check brakes/rotors, top off fluids, maybe alignment, etc etc.
(Would love to do it myself, just honestly dont have the time).

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I do.

I'm at 28,000miles and shes going in to my mechanic(kids really good) so he can go through everything, make sure everything is good and tight. I have quite a bit of work done.

Tire rotation, oil change, check brakes/rotors, top off fluids, maybe alignment, etc etc.
(Would love to do it myself, just honestly dont have the time).
Awesome; please let me know how it goes!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
OP, under the circumstances it's understandable you have less faith in your new JL. Ask FCA to make you feel more confident in the vehicle. Ask FCA to give you a factory Mopar Extended Warranty with a $0-deductable. This request is reasonable. It's better then a monthly payment.

You also are probably going to get really close to Lemon Law. Check the lemon law in the state you purchased in. Many states allow you make a demand for buy-back if the vehicle is out of service for more then 30 business days. Keep this in mind.

I hope everything works out in your favor.

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
I hope this was thrown in for free.

81BA67D7-36D2-426E-B80D-BB22F8ABAC7F.jpeg
UK CATS? Nah... more like UK Pussy.
The man is having problems with his new Jeep and you choose to give him a hard time over what he's paid for aftermarket parts? Seriously? Does that make you feel better UK Douche? I'm guessing your fascination with belittling people stems from your inability to bond with anyone that has an IQ over 90.
Stay classy UK Dork.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The man is having problems with his new Jeep and you choose to give him a hard time over what he's paid for aftermarket parts? Seriously? Does that make you feel better UK Douche? I'm guessing your fascination with belittling people stems from your inability to bond with anyone that has an IQ over 90.
Stay classy UK Dork.
26F49758-CCF4-44C2-8617-75E877B4C95E.gif

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
IBPD

(in before post deletes)

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Stay classy UK Dork.
giphy (3).gif

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Stay classy UK Dork.
You called me a dork, lol. The ‘80’s called and want their insult back. I rolled over and showed your mom this post, and she said she is going to wash your mouth out with soap!

In the mean time, do the world a favor and suck start a shotgun.

Hugs and kisses,
UK Dork.

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
OP, Call Jeep and tell them to send you a check covering your first month's payment. Tell them the dates it has been in the shop. I went through a similar situation involving a faulty wiring harness and Jeep sent me a check to cover that month's payment.
thanks, I’ll definitely give that a try.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Depending on your state you may be getting close to lemon law. In Ohio 30 days in the shop for any reason in the first year is a lemon. So know those laws and worse comes to worse you get a new Jeep a got to hang out in a Chrysler 300 beater for a bit.
Oh for sure. Here in Georgia it needs to be in the shop for 30 calendar days over 2 years. I’m already at 15, plus at least another 7 to go waiting on a part. So I’ll be at 21 days IF they can fix the problem. I would still have 22 months to have to accumulate just another 8 days. That’s pretty easy to do because I also have the “vague steering” issue to deal with. The dealer replaced the steering damper and claim it’s fixed. But I haven’t driven it yet and I have my doubts that’s the fix. From what I’ve read on the forum, it’s the steering box. I asked them to replace it, but they have to go step by step.

I have no doubt that reaching 30-days would be easy. But I’m not interested in ordering another JLUR. I just want mine back fixed.

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Some of guys need to get a girlfriend or other hobby. This is the most unwelcoming forum I’ve ever visited. I wonder why the mods allow all this bullshit bashing. I sure wouldn’t. There’s no need to act like your a 7 foot tall kick boxer while sitting in your mom’s basement fingering your PC. Be nice, it’s a Jeep thing.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
did you get a good price at ed voyles? im thinking about ordering from someplace, ed voyles would be the closest.

as to 'italian'. yes the owner is an italian company, but the car is made in the good ole usa and many of the problematic parts (rusted frame, suspension) is made here (I assume). making a jeep and keeping up with all the government regs and customer expectations (solid axles, fold down windshield, top off) and the electronic do-dads they put in these things because the occupants need to be entertained whilst rolling around all contribute to the cost and the potential for problems.

and damn the things are expensive..