Sponsored

Owned JLUR for one month, in the shop for almost 2 weeks!

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I wish you the best. My experience has been the best of any FCA vehicle I've owned (4in the last 5 years). My 2018 Sport has been a dream 20k miles and 8 months in. After 5k miles with 33's I'm even pulling almost 35 mpg on my 2.0T (Stock Duelsers putting up a 28.4mpg record).I'd say just swap the mirror and enjoy the ride. I'm running JK aftermarket mirrors and I see fine...mostly :)
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I wish you the best. My experience has been the best of any FCA vehicle I've owned (4in the last 5 years). My 2018 Sport has been a dream 20k miles and 8 months in. After 5k miles with 33's I'm even pulling almost 35 mpg on my 2.0T (Stock Duelsers putting up a 28.4mpg record).I'd say just swap the mirror and enjoy the ride. I'm running JK aftermarket mirrors and I see fine...mostly :)
**Edit and yeah mine was 32.5k MSRP - Options Soft Top Premium + A/C

Paid 29.5k out the door @ 4% rate

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine is fine no problems so far. Well, a few problems. Took it in found no fix but itā€™s running great so far Iā€™m not complaining. Aside from those minor things.
Thank you for that clarification, Jennalee. Please feel free to reach out to us if you are ever in need of additional assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I had a similar service issue - 1500 miles on the odometer of my '19 JLR 3.6 and it dumped all its coolant suddenly one night. 4 weeks in the shop and an entire dash-out replacement of the heater core. I was furious, and ended up getting my first payment covered by Jeep when I opened a case with Jeep Wave.

All is well now and I'm about to hit 5000 miles. I had a couple marks here and there on the dash from disassembly but honestly at this point I couldn't stomach giving it back to them for any reason. It's a jeep, it's going to get dirty and dusty (mine is, at least!). No rattles, no more mechanical issues, and I take it on some really rough terrain that'd shake up any assembly errors. The JLR is my favorite vehicle I've owned to date and most of its miles are trail miles - they're a heck of a lot of fun and for me the fun outweighs the unhappy moments.

Hope you and your wife will give them a chance to make it right, I can't imagine having this much fun in any other vehicle given the terrain in my area.

For what it's worth BTW, my friend's JLU had a similar issue with the passenger mirror not adjusting. Turned out to be a bent pin in the driver's side door connector. I would imagine they're all over both doors in troubleshooting this but on the off chance they haven't looked at the pins on both driver and passenger door umbilicals maybe it's worth nudging them in that direction.
Just wondering if you know the build date for your Jeep this isn't the 1st time I heard this I have a 19 Rubi it was built end of Nov 2018 hope I don't end up having the same problem .

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Iā€™m just venting here... I picked up my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on October 28th from Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA. Drove it 5 miles down to Fortec and had a Mopar lift installed, 37ā€™s, and new wheels. Got it back a couple of days later and while driving it home I tried to adjust the passenger side mirror and it wouldnā€™t go up or down.

I took it to Ed Voyles on November 5th and they said I need an appointment, so I took back on the 7th and they couldnā€™t fix it. So they ordered parts and I took the Jeep home. It took a week to get a mirror. I took it back on the 14th and itā€™s still there. Theyā€™ve replaced the mirror, motor, switch, and harness AND it still isnā€™t fixed!

Theyā€™ve opened a case with Jeep. They gave me a very nice Chrysler 300 to drive, but I want my Jeep!

Iā€™m so worried that itā€™s going to be grimy and grungy from all of this work on a Jeep with very few miles. Will it even still smell new? What about rattles? If they had to replace the harness, I assume that means theyā€™ve taken apart the dash.

This is a $56,000+ vehicle plus $8,500 for Mopar lift, wheels/tires, install, and Iā€™m not very happy with such a simple issue taking so long to fix.

On top of everything, my Jeep has the dreaded ā€œvague steeringā€! They replaced the steering damper, so I hope that fixes it. My Jeep was built in late October, so how is this still an issue? Damn.

Thanks for listening...

Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I was a Snap on Tool Dlr for many years...28. Over those years I saw MANY changes at the dealerships...all of them. They went from having the top players in the industry to having 95% unskilled with 1 or 2 master techs that the 95% lean on all day. This is only good for the bottom line of the dealership but not so good for the customer. On that note, I was a USAF aircraft electrical systems tech. too. A wiring problem can be super tricky. We used to say the wiring has gremlins in the system because there were always a few things that just didn't make sense. I am on my 4th Jeep. Got the last one about 6 weeks ago and am in love. You will forgive and fall in love with yours as well. Tune out the negativity coming your way and wait...you will be glad you did.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Just wondering if you know the build date for your Jeep this isn't the 1st time I heard this I have a 19 Rubi it was built end of Nov 2018 hope I don't end up having the same problem .
How could I find out? I sniped this one off a lot 700 miles from here as it was equipped how I wanted, so no details via ordering process.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
How could I find out? I sniped this one off a lot 700 miles from here as it was equipped how I wanted, so no details via ordering process.
Took a screenshot of this post by Brandon I found in another thread. Thought it was cool that I could look up my build date:

DF05EB74-7053-48AE-9D3B-27ACB2AD6A10.jpeg

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
I believe it
I believe it's on the window sticker and also when you open up the driver side door on the pillar Jennalee verified that it was on the driver side door .

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Took a screenshot of this post by Brandon I found in another thread. Thought it was cool that I could look up my build date:

DF05EB74-7053-48AE-9D3B-27ACB2AD6A10.jpeg
Thank you Jennalee

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Build Date listed as 5-19
MDH is 050918

Built proudly at 6pm by a bunch of people who wanted to go home, lol. So yeah, seems there was a bad heater core batch in May.
The heater cores are outsourced they are shipped in creates to the assembly plant and installed by Jeep workers just looking at the part you would not be able to tell if there defective they would have to be pressure tested .

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
35mpg or even 28 mpg... :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
35mpg or even 28 mpg... :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
I only got 35 once held it for about 3 hours on a road trip. 27-28 was my average stock. You can get really good mileage if you're not in a rush to get anywhere.

I'm lucky to get 23 now.

Feather the pedal brother.

20190512_143720.jpg

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
By the way, I totally regret buying this Jeep. My wife is pissed off and said I should get it bought back. For a mirror? No way. But I donā€™t have the use of it, so she has a point.

I owned 2 JKURā€™s and loved them. Iā€™ve owned 3 grand cherokees and a 90ā€™s Cherokee. So Iā€™m a Jeep lover.... but I think the JL may have too many Italian problems.

I had a friend of mine explain Italian engineering to me like this:

A beautiful Italian car is like a beautiful woman. They require high maintenance, will occasionally leave you stranded, run hot, and donā€™t always want to do what you want. But they are so beautiful that itā€™s worth the price.

Iā€™ve owned 4 Ferrariā€™s and 3 were a real PIA! The worst being a 1995 F355. It was the most beautiful, fun to drive, and had an amazing sound. But the engine had to come out for belt service and by the time I was done I was handed a $15k bill (lots of stuff needed done because ā€œwhile the engine is out.... letā€™s do....ā€) I sold it as soon a possible and miss it every day. :)

Maybe the JL is TOO MUCH FIAT. After all, have you seen a Fiat 500 up close? Would you buy one? Not me.
Big decision for a lot of us here whose spouses are made at JL decision. Would you rather drive your Jeep or your wife?
Sponsored