Sponsored

Overlapping model year orders?

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Will it still be possible to order a 2019 Wrangler for a little while after the 2020 order banks open? Or do 2019 orders end the same day 2020 banks open? I’ll be buying my second Wrangler soon, and I have my heart set on the bikini pearl color. There is speculation on these forums that color will be around still for 2020, but I know it’s really a guessing game. I was planning to purchase around late August and would prefer to wait but am wondering if the color won’t be offered on 2020s, if I’ll still have a little time to get an order in for a 2019. Anyone know for sure?
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
They 100% do not overlap. The 2019 order banks will close. 2020 banks will open and shortly after 2020s will start being built. Sometimes orders that were placed the last couple days of the 2019 model year will be rolled over and converted to 2020 models.

OP
OP
LaurenLeigh

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They 100% do not overlap. The 2019 order banks will close. 2020 banks will open and shortly after 2020s will start being built. Sometimes orders that were placed the last couple days of the 2019 model year will be rolled over and converted to 2020 models.
Whelp....guess I’ve got to decide if I want to risk waiting and hope they keep Bikini as an option for next year or go ahead and order now since it seems (based on these forums) that the 2020 bank will open any day now. Thanks!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Whelp....guess I’ve got to decide if I want to risk waiting and hope they keep Bikini as an option for next year or go ahead and order now since it seems (based on these forums) that the 2020 bank will open any day now. Thanks!
Colors can be tricky. Sometimes they stick around awhile other times they last a couple months. I think it will stick around, if not you can always buy off the lot.

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
i have a Feeling Bikini will only last till mid to late 2019 sometime in September or October it will go away. i think in 2020 we will get the colors from the JT Gator and Gobi with Hellayella also going away. at that point the Gladiator and Wrangler will share paint colors. right now they have all but those 4 in common.

OP
OP
LaurenLeigh

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have a Feeling Bikini will only last till mid to late 2019 sometime in September or October it will go away. i think in 2020 we will get the colors from the JT Gator and Gobi with Hellayella also going away. at that point the Gladiator and Wrangler will share paint colors. right now they have all but those 4 in common.
That’s what I’m afraid of. I’ll probably go ahead and order it because there are very few on the lots around me and none with the configuration I want. I’ll kick myself if I have to settle because I waited. My current Jeep is 10 years old and the only reason I’m getting a new one is because my 2009 is going to my stepson. So, I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time and would rather have it exactly the way I want it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If Bikini lasts until Sept/Oct that would make it available on the 2020 Model Year as 2019 supposedly ends mid July.

Mike Manley stated that Gobi and Gator will be Gladiator specific and not available on the JL

Will any of this change? Who knows.
Sponsored