Sponsored

Overlanding Expo West

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hello,

The wife and I are scheduled to attend Overlanding Expo West in May. Due to business travel we plan to fly in on Friday.

We are really interested in trying the
THE OVERLAND DRIVING Course and wondered if anyone was planning on doing it, and if we could tag along in your vehicle for it. I am going to look to try and rent a wrangler, but not sure that is going to be an option. Would be more than willing to pay part of the ticket cost for this extra activity.

Thanks
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Hello,

The wife and I are scheduled to attend Overlanding Expo West in May. Due to business travel we plan to fly in on Friday.

We are really interested in trying the
THE OVERLAND DRIVING Course and wondered if anyone was planning on doing it, and if we could tag along in your vehicle for it. I am going to look to try and rent a wrangler, but not sure that is going to be an option. Would be more than willing to pay part of the ticket cost for this extra activity.

Thanks
I have attended OEX West for the last 5-6 years. If you are attending as a "Overland Experience" attendee, there are classes that you sign up for, some good information and training is available. The show really exploded last year, 450 vendors, and about 30k attendees. I suggest having a plan for what you really want to go see, vs. just wandering around. There is so much to see it can be overwhelming. Realistically speaking, the "driving course" is a test track built for demoing Range Rovers. You probably would not need to rent a Jeep, just sign up at the Range Rover booth and take the new fancy stuff for a drive around the track. BFG had a couple of Jeeps there that run around on the same track. I just checked out their website, I don't think that getting an overland experience is worth it just to drive on the course. It may be a bit different from the track that was there last year.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Hello,

I see the OEX West has been rescheduled for July 24th-26th still at Flagstaff. I always seem to have other plans, but who knows this year? - maybe they'll be cancelled and I can attend the Expo!
Sponsored